Review Good/Bad vs Hawthorn - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Why cant Berg play with agro like he did last night more often. Last week he looked like he was counting clouds. Showed no interest. Kicks at goal were a massive improvement.
We should sin him up for another 2 years so he can go back to the old lazy Berg. :think:

Unfortunately he's a nice guy, agro doesn't come naturally to him - unlike his brother.

Hell no to 2 years, 1 year at most, contract years are good motivators.

I don't think Schoenberg is really tagging.

Just a two way midfielder. Been a while since we have had one, it is a novelty and assumed he is tagging.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

What? Since last week?

For all the flaws Keays and Laird have, both are easily two way mids.

Moving forward I feel it's potentially a very damaging win.
If allows the justification of Laird, Sloane, Keays in the midfiled.
Allows Mackay to still be squeeze in.
Everyone can say we are a young team and on track and forget woefulness of past weeks.

Harridan and Froat as KPD plus DGB a 4 gamer.
Seriously what can truly be taken from hat.
A 4 game ruckman.
2 key forwards who are extremely inexperienced.
How ones Billy go a Hawkins or Cameron?

Berry left high and dry when he could have had 5 minutes every quarter in the midfield.

Everyone walks a way with a good feeling just long enough before reality sets back in next week when our midfield set up gets smashed.

Technically potential pick 3 could be goes outside the top 5 which is annoying.
But it's the next 2 picks that could have been at the beginning of the round moving back that annoys me the most.

Short term pain for long term gain. Instead we saw more of the same of the past 20 years.

Sorry.. but that is complete and utter horseshit.. and an incredibly poor attempt at re-writing recent history.

Frampton was preferred over Himmelberg out of the club trial/preseason games because.. wait for it... Frampton played well in them and Himmelberg was absolute garbage in the trial and preseason matches.

Frampton even played a blinder in Round 1 against Geelong before reverting to the the crap frampton we all know.

himmelberg continued with his rubbish form in the SANFL until about round 5.. looked disinterested, lazy and almost cranky that hed been overlooked and if he couldve been dropped to a SANFL reserves side he would have.

there was nothing baffling about it. Go back and rewatch the early season games/sanfl this time with your eyes open.

the overrating of himmelberg in here by some sees them make some wild claims about him and the clubs treatment of him. he’s sh*t.. he’s been on the list 5years and has proven he’s nothing more than half decent depth.

thilthorpe, tex and fog are the current answers and we need to find another forward in the next year or two to eventually replace tex.. Himmelberg and Frampton arent the answer...

i’d rather see them invest in McAsey as a forward before himm/billy..
Pretty sure I was arguing with you about this after those games. Himm wasn't garbage in the pre season games and I stand by that (think he had 1 poor game either late pre season or round 1 Sanfl). I thought he played pretty decent but Frampton was obviously preferred day 1 of pre season and was given the role Himm was playing late 2020 in the AFL. Himm was in the b grade team from the first internal trial match and Frampton kicked 3 goals to 'cement' his spot.

The history that was re written was that he didn't put any runs on the board in the second half of 2020. He was actually showing consistent signs of being a decent tall forward. This seemed to just be wiped completely over the pre season. What I find bizarre is that they didn't take that 2020 form and run with it starting 2021. He'd played what, under 20 games? If he fails to reproduce and build on that, move him on end of season.

Pretty sure I was arguing with you about this after those games. Himm wasn't garbage in the pre season games and I stand by that (think he had 1 poor game either late pre season or round 1 Sanfl). I thought he played pretty decent but Frampton was obviously preferred day 1 of pre season and was given the role Himm was playing late 2020 in the AFL. Himm was in the b grade team from the first internal trial match and Frampton kicked 3 goals to 'cement' his spot.

The history that was re written was that he didn't put any runs on the board in the second half of 2020. He was actually showing consistent signs of being a decent tall forward. This seemed to just be wiped completely over the pre season. What I find bizarre is that they didn't take that 2020 form and run with it starting 2021. He'd played what, under 20 games? If he fails to reproduce and build on that, move him on end of season.
I too was baffled that Himm wasnt given the opportunity to continue his 2020 form. How Frampton leap frogged him is beyond me.

having said that, Himm has confirmed again this season that he has cement hands. Everything is two grabs which you can pull off when you have a 4 gamer on you.

What? Since last week?

For all the flaws Keays and Laird have, both are easily two way mids.
Statistically, yes they register tackles.

But the ease of opposition centre breaks suggest otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope.. himmelberg was garbage in the club trial match and the two following preseason games that he played in.. pretty sure these games were in the “seconds” team against ports seconds team.

then he continued his garbage form until about round 5 of the Sanfl when he played a decent game.

Frampton played well in the club trial and the two preseason games and was rightfully rewarded for it with a spot in the first 22 in round 1.. and he played a good game against geelong.

Frampton then reverted to the s**t frampton we all know for the next 4 rounds but wasnt replaced in the side because himmelberg was dogshit in the sanfl and they believed thilthorpe wasnt quite ready.

they are the basic facts and last years form from himmelberg was rightly ignored by the selectors who obviously gave more weight to current form.

they shouldve dumped frampton for thilthorpe after round 3.

and moving forward neither frampton or himmelberg should be invested in as forwards at the club.. neither are anywhere near worth it.

I too was baffled that Himm wasnt given the opportunity to continue his 2020 form. How Frampton leap frogged him is beyond me.

having said that, Himm has confirmed again this season that he has cement hands. Everything is two grabs which you can pull off when you have a 4 gamer on you.
The 4th gamer was on Fogarty.

Berg took 9 marks which is hardly cement hands.

Moving forward I feel it's potentially a very damaging win.
If allows the justification of Laird, Sloane, Keays in the midfiled.
Allows Mackay to still be squeeze in.
Everyone can say we are a young team and on track and forget woefulness of past weeks.

Harridan and Froat as KPD plus DGB a 4 gamer.
Seriously what can truly be taken from hat.
A 4 game ruckman.
2 key forwards who are extremely inexperienced.
How ones Billy go a Hawkins or Cameron?

Berry left high and dry when he could have had 5 minutes every quarter in the midfield.

Everyone walks a way with a good feeling just long enough before reality sets back in next week when our midfield set up gets smashed.

Technically potential pick 3 could be goes outside the top 5 which is annoying.
But it's the next 2 picks that could have been at the beginning of the round moving back that annoys me the most.

Short term pain for long term gain. Instead we saw more of the same of the past 20 years.
Pick three falling outside the top 5 due to two F/S picks doesnt really change things though does it..

Interesting stat was the nearly 2 to 1 kick to handball ratio. Not sure I've seen too many teams do this in recent years, but I'm sure it helped in the scoreline with 22 shots from only 48 entries. It's the complete antithesis of our game plan of previous years and for a good many games this season (i.e. get it fwd any way possible, as many times as is possible and the scores will materialise regardless). The Hawks borrowed that gameplan methinks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back