Review Good/Bad vs Hawthorn - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

But you still have access to the same players you would have anyway.
Sliding down due to do academy or FS picks doesn’t matter.
We just don't get the satisfaction of pissing off Bevo & co by bidding on them....

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nope.. himmelberg was garbage in the club trial match and the two following preseason games that he played in.. pretty sure these games were in the “seconds” team against ports seconds team.

then he continued his garbage form until about round 5 of the Sanfl when he played a decent game.

Frampton played well in the club trial and the two preseason games and was rightfully rewarded for it with a spot in the first 22 in round 1.. and he played a good game against geelong.

Frampton then reverted to the sh*t frampton we all know for the next 4 rounds but wasnt replaced in the side because himmelberg was dogshit in the sanfl and they believed thilthorpe wasnt quite ready.

they are the basic facts and last years form from himmelberg was rightly ignored by the selectors who obviously gave more weight to current form.

they shouldve dumped frampton for thilthorpe after round 3.

and moving forward neither frampton or himmelberg should be invested in as forwards at the club.. neither are anywhere near worth it.
Yeah he was playing in the seconds shite team. I re watched those games and he definitely wasn't 'garbage' which is hyperbole.

Anyway we'll agree to disagree.

Interesting stat was the nearly 2 to 1 kick to handball ratio. Not sure I've seen too many teams do this in recent years, but I'm sure it helped in the scoreline with 22 shots from only 48 entries. It's the complete antithesis of our game plan of previous years and for a good many games this season (i.e. get it fwd any way possible, as many times as is possible and the scores will materialise regardless). The Hawks borrowed that gameplan methinks!

Well, with how poor our hands have been over the last month I'm not surprised. It was a refreshing change and showed we have some better legs than we thought.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Interesting stat was the nearly 2 to 1 kick to handball ratio. Not sure I've seen too many teams do this in recent years, but I'm sure it helped in the scoreline with 22 shots from only 48 entries. It's the complete antithesis of our game plan of previous years and for a good many games this season (i.e. get it fwd any way possible, as many times as is possible and the scores will materialise regardless). The Hawks borrowed that gameplan methinks!
It just seemed a low pressure game

We kicked more because we had time and space to do so

Hit up more leading targets because we had time to do so

Forwards led more because they had space to do so

I imagine the heat will be cranked up a bit on us this week. Interesting to see whether we revert to panic handballs and dump kicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's the same bloody thing every year. Why do these guys keep bringing up this total irrelevancy? We should not bother to point this out to them any more.

I reckon their point of view is more relevant. You're correct in saying that your pool is your pool and you get the best player in that pool. But reality is that the best player in your pool this year is valued as only the 3rd best whereas most years the club with one gets to select the best player. I don't think you can just ignore that fact.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
I’m glad the 22 won.
I slept through it so was reasonably surprised.
The biggest take you get when you wake up midnight is negative press.
Crows just lost Horne.
It wasn’t about 12 players under 50 games or Shoenberg deserving a rookie nom.
If the media line is negative then although the club is doing positive things it would be Hard to telegraph that.
As what was so by Phelan at midnight last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back