Review Good/Bad vs Hawthorn - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

The Horne comments remind me of the year Aish was drafted and everyone on here thought we missed out on the potential best mid in the comp. We will still have a kick inside 5, there is more than enough talent available in that range to set your team up.
Nah, there hasn't been a generational game changing talent like this since Rankine.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good:
Most the young ones again, great pressure and commitment most the night from everyone, couple of blemishes here and there.
Forward line looked better with a couple of small forward pressure players. Will look better with thilthorpe back there.

The game didn't turn on its head when both Burgoyne and Mackay came on, was 99% convinced hawks were going to win by 30! Luckily Mackay only had a couple of possessions...
Bad:
Dwayne as usual.

Moose's tackle in the third when he grabbed Worpal's fend off arm

But fu** me the way their forwards got looked after compared to ours!
Our tackles were either brilliant or complete whiffs from multiple players

Really pleased to get that win and see way we played with many of younger players really showing pleasing form, but was surprised in game day post how many posters wanted to lose and get a wooden spoon.
Good
Laird, Shoey, Doedee ,Fog,Jones Tex etc etc but great to see Hamill ,Frampton and Himmelberg provide a prescence and show what can do .
Bad
Umpiring and Sholl and Berry struggled to have impact and of course David was influential when got on.

He's a liability, deal with it. 14 touches from 80% TOG as a first choice mid. Need much more than the stats you just lauded. 5 clearances from the amount of stoppages he attends is awful. AFL site has him 11th for score involvements and his disposal efficiency was 55%. I'm ashamed of supporters like you that crucify kids for performances that you laud from guys like Sloane. You're as embarrassing as his output is.

You’re an actual degenerate of this board. Rip up your membership mate (if you even have one) because you’re not a supporter of this club. The AFC shouldn’t be a sponge for whatever daily frustrations you can’t deal with. And that goes for others of your ilk as well.

Sloane has been an absolute servant of this club, and didn’t come close to having a poor game as a purely inside midfielder. Are we getting the same performances out of him as we are Keays/Laird? No. Is he the player he was 2-3 years ago? No. But a liability? Someone else calling him a plodder? Did you see the recent doco where the Crows were involved? He’s put his body on the line and he’s been absolutely battered, and every good club has them. They’re the ones that other younger players look at in terms of work ethic and sheer will to win the ball. His leadership and guidance for our youngsters, along with his performances, will take our club forward.

You on the other hand should hang your head in shame for some of your commentary.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You reckon many first choice mids in the league are rocking 9 effective disposals from 80% TOG? That's a fair bit worse than Dmac's output. How about you judge him based on current performance and not his name. You're not thst bright though.

You’re a disgrace. Hang your head in shame.

Good
A god effort from some of the young lads.
Laird.
Schoenberg.
ROB. Took some important marks.
Jones is improving
Fogarty attacked the football with some vigour at times. Probably his best game at the club.

Bad.
Kicking disposal by most of our players is putrid.
Our tackling gets broken with ease.
We have a long way to go to become a competitive team.

Ugly
Kelly
Sholl
Most of our small forwards
Commentators.
Hawks giving up last quarter
Keays having no right leg kick. Cost us at least 1 goal and he often doesn't maximise some of his forward 50 entries. By always going onto his left boot in some situatiins he is cutting off half of the forward line options

Last edited:
The Horne comments remind me of the year Aish was drafted and everyone on here thought we missed out on the potential best mid in the comp. We will still have a kick inside 5, there is more than enough talent available in that range to set your team up.
It would be kind of disappointing if we end up 3rd bottom and both Horne and Roberts go at 1 and 2 after f/s bids with say a number of highly rated vic kids there also that are overlooked by the vic clubs. Purely as finishing with a pick as high as 3 and still missing 2 highly rated local lads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re an actual degenerate of this board. Rip up your membership mate (if you even have one) because you’re not a supporter of this club. The AFC shouldn’t be a sponge for whatever daily frustrations you can’t deal with. And that goes for others of your ilk as well.

Sloane has been an absolute servant of this club, and didn’t come close to having a poor game as a purely inside midfielder. Are we getting the same performances out of him as we are Keays/Laird? No. Is he the player he was 2-3 years ago? No. But a liability? Someone else calling him a plodder? Did you see the recent doco where the Crows were involved? He’s put his body on the line and he’s been absolutely battered, and every good club has them. They’re the ones that other younger players look at in terms of work ethic and sheer will to win the ball. His leadership and guidance for our youngsters, along with his performances, will take our club forward.

You on the other hand should hang your head in shame for some of your commentary.

This is why the club will take longer to get to the top.
When your time is up it's up. If you're injured don't play.
His experience on the field is nothing compared to giving a younger guy more minutes in the centre. There are enough experienced guys out there now.
I've always liked, admired and respected Sloane but what he's doing is fast losing that with a lot of people.
You can be remembered as a champion or a chump.

Qu: How can you tell when we are in C-19 Lockdown and bored BF posters have resorted to reading Dictionaries, as a last boredom-relieving resort? :think:

A: In 24 hours I have seen three different posters use 'sinecure', 'execrable' and 'opprobrium'. :D

Classy!

Yeah, but it was spoiled by ABAB using "bias" instead of "biased": where does this howler come from? ;)

But genuine question, why does anyone here wants Roberts with Pick 3-4? He's a slow inside mid? Basically Matt Crouch but seems slower and a bigger build. That would be a disaster with pick 3/4.

That's sounds nothing like Roberts.

I reckon Nick's just starts off with, let's try to stop them kicking 25 goals and go back from there
I hope we don't go in with the negative chipping mindset from the Essendon game

More than 15 disposals from a starting midfielder and our Captain.

And more than 0 centre bounce attendances from our future midfielder in a rebuilding side.
Who are you talking about?

Schoenberg had plenty of CBAs, Including the last one of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back