• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Jake Soligo

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

• Riley Thilthorpe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You've never corrected anything, you're almost always wrong. As I said I may have missed it and then went on to correctly state how wrong you normally are. Why would I apologise for that?
That's why I said you need to acquire more basic football knowledge for post you reply to.

Melbourne weren't exactly playing there best football and with their rucks out it was a prime opportunity to knock them off. We currently make to many errors to take advantage of such opportunities and our kicking is nowhere near AFL standard to punish teams.
All their best players had excellent game. The ruck wasn't the difference since they were reading the tap off ROB which they would have done if Gawn or Jackson were playing.

I'd agree with Dawson playing on a wing if our midfield was dynamic and could find him by hands for a release but with Laird and Keays just slamming it on the boot this is not possible. Also with Doedee and Smith not giving us anything we can't move him.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They aren't playing Dawson on a wing because our defence is so poor and they need Dawson to use his aerial strength to intercept. Doedee was meant to be doing this. Bring Frampton into the team who can't defend but at least he can 3rd man intercept and free Dawson up the ground. Smith, Doedee, Brown have all been poor this year combined with Murray being inconsistent and allowing easy goals. Our defence is a mess.

We would be tackling them and they would always get the ball out. They were bigger and stronger, faster and with better skills. They knew how to control the ball, we didn't. 1) Our kicking was so bad. How many intercept possessions did we allow them? 2) How many times did we kick it out on the full? 3) How many times did it go forward and and we couldn't even half a contest? Yeah, we are a long, long way off.
There's a grubby (but funny) Limerick whose penultimate line is:
"The Vicar was quicker and slicker and thicker ..." (I can't quote the whole thing for obvious reasons).

Melbourne were quicker, slicker (use of the ball) and 'thicker' (so often it looked like men vs boys).

1) In the first half I counted at least a dozen, all going forward. Worse, from kicks under not-much pressure. Our kicking skill-set is awful. Crows players seem not to know when they are not under pressure and can take that extra little bit of time to deliver well. Whether that's inexperience, or perceived pressure, or not enough talking on-field, I don't know.
2) Under no pressure, at least 3 in the second quarter alone.
3) far too often --- the most obvious flaw is Footy 101, ie always have a man behind the pack in or near the goal square. Why Crows players at AFL level do not know/do this, is beyond me.

All their best players had excellent game. The ruck wasn't the difference since they were reading the tap off ROB which they would have done if Gawn or Jackson were playing.
If Gawn and Jackson played it would have been 80 plus. They toyed with us and didn't play overly well. We let their guns play well as we do with most decent midfields.

Some break records internally and we don’t know who they are?! Perfect. X
Industrial disease. Dire Straits.
Rachele is busy off the farm. Glandular fever coming up
Well in that situation it’s collateral and insurance
This string of posts is such an abstract collection of obscure non-sequiturs as to be incomprehensible :drunk: .
Are you a fan of cryptic crosswords? :confusedv1:

Could you back off on the vague cool-speak a little, please?

If Gawn and Jackson played it would have been 80 plus. They toyed with us and didn't play overly well. We let their guns play well as we do with most decent midfields.
They already had the advantage of reading ROB's tap which they would have done anyway. I thought the pressure 3 out of 4 quarters were excellent from both team and the game wasn't reflective of a 5 goal loss in the end given they kicked 3 goals in the last 5 minutes of the game.

They already had the advantage of reading ROB's tap which they would have done anyway. I thought the pressure 3 out of 4 quarters were excellent from both team.
Gawn and Jackson would have destroyed us around the ground. Has nothing to do with ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) The obvious missing links are elite big bodied mids. Take Petracca and Oliver out of Melbourne's side and we win - and that should be exciting given how raw we are.

2) a) With a better senior coach, b) 40-50 games more development into our best young players and c) some judicial trading, we could be a serious football side in another 2-3 years.
1) I'm not excited, even if I wish I was. Melbourne were without Gawn and Jackson. Put them back in their side, replace Petracca and Oliver with mids of our quality and we'd still lose.
2) we're missing a) and c). The earliest they'd sack Nicks would be mid-2023. Our experimentation with small, scrappy triers has not worked.
b) will happen organically with time.

It'll take 2-3 years to achieve your wish list, then another 3-4 years to go Top. The immediate future looks bleak to me :cry:.

1) I'm not excited, even if I wish I was. Melbourne were without Gawn and Jackson. Put them back in their side, replace Petracca and Oliver with mids of our quality and we'd still lose.
2) we're missing a) and c). The earliest they'd sack Nicks would be mid-2023. Our experimentation with small, scrappy triers has not worked.
b) will happen organically with time.

It'll take 2-3 years to achieve your wish list, then another 3-4 years to go Top. The immediate future looks bleak to me :cry:.
You didn't see Petracca's game, he was clearly the difference and we entered this season knowing the rebuild hasn't been completed and need another few years so nothing has changed. Just need to see improvement in the list which we have seen, very bullish on the youngsters coming through in the SANFL.

But that's only because they're fitter than me
Not all of them are AFL fit (and clearly Pedlar is a year behind in his fitness development for the AFL) and that's the point I'm making. If you are AFL fit it will give you the less chance of soft tissue injuries given the amount of work they put their body through. Am I speaking English here or are you just a troll and a bully?

Back