• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The first time or the 15th time?
Last week when Dawson gets punched in the head and the free was missed which could have won us the game and they didn't show any replays. This week Tex tackles someone and is awarded the free kick and the show the replay 15 times to try and highlight that the tackle could be dangerous.

Love the consistency

Last week when Dawson gets punched in the head and the free was missed which could have won us the game and they didn't show any replays. This week Tex tackles someone and is awarded the free kick and the show the replay 15 times to try and highlight that the tackle could be dangerous.

Love the consistency
I sometimes wonder if I’m paranoid about these things but there is such ingrained bias against non-Vic teams that even the telecast is biased.

Also notice there was no close up replay of the potential touch Hinge got on that NM goal.

Reverse the teams and there would be immediate slow motion replays by the broadcaster.

The job of the football club is to win football games. That should be the primary criteria during selection each and every week. Unless we're gutting the list for a rebuild or the season is dead, I'm not interested in gifting games to anyone. That obviously applies to both senior and junior players.

This entire paragraph

1688355069333.gif

Amazing isnt it..

”not interested in gifting games to anyone”..

but accepts that Sloane plays poor for an entire half of football and “pretty good” (in his opinion anyway - certainly not shared by me) for a second half…

sloane has been doing this all season and has been gifted game after game.

keays, murphy, smith.. all have had very poor games.. sometimes for 2 or 3 games in a row or have gone missing in the big games..

yet they are gifted game after game.. not one single sign they might get dropped.

cant “gift“ a game to a junior player though..

continuity is the key.

4 Rob, hinge has been at times, keays and sloane is becoming one
Nah Hinge hate has never been anywhere even close to the other 3 on this board.

Sloane becoming one? He's been copping it big time even before his ACL.

Last edited:
Nah Hinge hate has never been anywhere even close to the other 3 on this board.

Sloane becoming one? He's been copping big time even before his ACL.
Just on Hinge - loved his intercept game on the weekend. 3rd tall intercept might be his ideal spot - marked everything and set up play well. Frees up Worrell to take one of the bigger boys

I don't think he's AFL standard but I'm all for giving Borlace a crack. Who knows he maybe one of those guys who shows little at SANFL but is AFL quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinge was awesome. I'm thinking of bringing him back into my Fantasy team.
He hit 91 points vs. StK in R9, then copped the hit in R10. Missed R11, then 61 and 64 against Suns and WC respectively. After the bye (R15 and R16), he's gone 83 and 119. Doedee did his knee in R12, looks like Hinge has really stepped up in his absence.

Breakeven of 19, definitely worth a look.

Amazing isnt it..

but accepts that Sloane plays poor for an entire half of football and “pretty good” (in his opinion anyway - certainly not shared by me) for a second half…

keays, murphy, smith.. all have had very poor games.. sometimes for 2 or 3 games in a row or have gone missing in the big games..

yet they are gifted game after game.. not one single sign they might get dropped.

continuity is the key.
Can you name all keays bad games in a row ?

Also I love how everyone has gone from hating ROB to never mentioning him again given he’s great form ( and I was on the negative side , but sheesh . No credit from any of his detractors )

2 of this board's whipping boys in the votes..
Even without counting ROB who cops it plenty
Rob has justifiably copped it when he’s been crap but that’s been reduced as he’s had a good year.

Supporters who can assess the good and bad in players tend to share their opinions, even if that upsets cheerleaders who look for any opportunity for gotcha posts. The irony is these cheerleaders despite being grown adults are too afraid to share any opinions of their own for fear it might be deemed as criticism of anyone associated with the club.

The Tex report was for a late bump on Thomas after he’d disposed of the ball.

Third quarter, members wing - probably slightly defensive side of centre for north Melbourne. The passage of play ended up with Chayce stuck 1-on-1 in an empty 50 with #25 (Curtis?).

From memory Chayce ended up halving or maybe winning the contest in the south eastern pocket.

Rob has justifiably copped it when he’s been crap but that’s been reduced as he’s had a good year.

Supporters who can assess the good and bad in players tend to share their opinions, even if that upsets cheerleaders who look for any opportunity for gotcha posts. The irony is these cheerleaders despite being grown adults are too afraid to share any opinions of their own for fear it might be deemed as criticism of anyone associated with the club.
let me guess season 2 GIF by DREAM CORP LLC

Amazing isnt it..

continuity is the key.
As I said, it's not necessarily about Sloane. He's been poor at times this year and I'd have had no issues with him being dropped. He wasn't poor this week and I don't see the value in dropping him to gift a game to someone just because they are younger. Is there anyone in our SANFL team you think demanded a spot this week over someone who was in the coaches votes? This isn't like when McHenry got dropped after a good game because Pedlar was coming back from suspension. If Sloane is making a contribution that is better than what someone else would bring to the table, he should be in the side. Because, as I said, the club exists to win games.

Broadly this board significantly underrates the contributions of senior players. Speaking of coaches votes, here's our top 10 vote getters for the year to date:
Dawson
Laird
Walker
Rankine
O'Brien
Smith
Sloane
Thilthorpe
Hinge
Keays

Below the top four who are easily the best performers this season at the club, a lot of those guys are among the most criticised on this board. Obviously AFL coaches disagree with those assessments.

Can you name all keays bad games in a row ?

Also I love how everyone has gone from hating ROB to never mentioning him again given he’s great form ( and I was on the negative side , but sheesh . No credit from any of his detractors )
I thought keays game against pies was ordinary.. plenty of touches.. not very much gained.. and daicos had a field day on him.
Had good games against north and WC..
bulldogs, lions, suns, cats games he didnt do much.. this was the period were he was 0 goals-7 points as a forward..
He was a non event in the Hawks game in Tassie.

As far as ROB goes.. sure, he had a bloody good game on the weekend.. but I’d say most here would like to see the club find/develop other options for a ruckman.. I think most here just accept we havent anything better on the list at the present time so ROB it is..

Funny that roo on the weekend was laughing at ROB’s tap to rankine and then ROB’s kick for goal from 50.. claiming both were career best because he’s not known for being a great tap ruckman or a great kick.

So the club obviously sees what we all see or, should I say, what many of us here see but some refuse to see..

Last edited:
Back