• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugly:

This article from the Daily Mail about how Lachlan Scholl - not Jordan butts, despite the photo clearly showing the no 41 guernsey - possibly broke his cheekbone in a collision which sent him to hospital.

Apparently Scholl was “on fire” in the opening minutes - despite the fact he didn’t come on until Butts went off!

Adelaide Crows star smashed in face with fears of a broken cheekboneAdelaide Crows star smashed in face with fears of a broken cheek bone as his team go on and thrash North Melbourne
That sounds like it was written by AI. That can now write entire articles in a human-like style, but sometimes makes basic factual errors.

Trust a gutter paper to farm out its 'journalism' to a computer.

I don't remember early in the season to be honest. But he just seemed to burst away from stoppage alot today.

Today:
13 contested possessions
7 score involvements
7 tackles
5 clearances
Rachele was doing the same thing as today but instead of kicking points he was kicking goals. That's when the infamous comment from Southerntakeover that "Rachele will have fun playing for Collingwood" after he saw Rachele can transition into the midfield lol.

Rachele was doing the same thing as today but instead of kicking points he was kicking goals. That's when the infamous comment from Southerntakeover that "Rachele will have fun playing for Collingwood" after he saw Rachele can transition into the midfield lol.
You attended a game yet hero?

Macca would drink it straight
Old West Alcohol GIF by GritTV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something very telling in the commentary late that they didn't really elaborate on.

In 2020 we were 18th and North were 17th

In 2023 we've improved to 6th with a realistic chance to play finals. North are still 17th. They were also 15th back in 2017

Huge difference in how the clubs have been run off field. North diabolical. We implemented sweeping changes. Shows there are lots of elements to get right in a rebuild and North haven't got much right
That 2016 final that we belted them in was when they tried to start by booting Boomer, Petrie, Dal Santo etc. They haven't really given a whimper since then. That was the year they had a crazy soft draw first up and went 10-0 or something before scraping into 8th spot. Since then we've been top, bottom, and working back up.

Smith was poor today... but overall reckon he has has a decent season.

However his percentage of poor games is increasing & we need a replacement strategy.

Smith has had a good season. Will be 8-12 in B&F at this rate. Love the preconceived anti player bias we get on this board from some of our most passionate supporters

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Smith has had a good season. Will be 8-12 in B&F at this rate. Love the preconceived anti player bias we get on this board from some of our most passionate supporters

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I still stand by my view that Smith doing his ACL in the 2017 prelim cost us the flag.

Compare the pair.
Same player, same touches, totally different viewpoints:
Rory Sloane with the worst 30 disposal game you'll ever see

23 of those touches in the second half. 14 in the final quarter when the game was already done
+
Sloane's second half was pretty good. He had 23 touches and was influential, and moving him into the middle was part of what turned around the midfield issues we had in the second quarter.
... and that, dear Forum, is why opinions are neither right nor wrong.

The inverse question: seeing we're in the hunt for a finals spot (and in the box seat for one) why should they trust them? Seems a complaint that's disconnected with reality.

It's arguably good development letting them handle the assignments you think they're ready for and shielding them from the ones they're not.
Yes! But you're assuming that the coaches know what they're doing. But it appears that they are not as clever as some of the posters in here who know better. Let's be honest; The coaches are only interested in keeping their jobs and they select the people that they believe will win them games by using them in the positions they believe they're best suited for. But the coaches being useless, don't even know which players to select, let alone playing them in the right position. In fact it is probably stupid to waste money in having some of the full squad play in an inferior competition when they players don't learn anything by playing in it.
;)

At the ground I thought Sloane was decent. Was surprised to see the level of hate.

Also liked Rachele so again surprised to see him spoken of negatively. Think he's taking on a lot of hard advice from the coaches and doing the little things better (except goal kicking). Wish he kicked that goal from 50 instead of passing to Keays. I reckon that's his type of play in the future and similar to GAJ style.

Good :

How good is Hinge? That guy is a serious player.

Worrell and Michalaney again.

Good:
ROB. Goldy is the type of ruck that would usually have a day out against ROB all while we would flog them everywhere else. But he turned the tables today and looked very good. 2 goals as well enough to make you fall off your chair. That tap to Rankine chefs kiss.
The kids. Not just the skill but the aggression and willingness to fly the flag ala Woz when Murray got smacked. Can have the most skilful team in the world but if you don’t want to play for each other it won’t mean much.
Rankine is elegant.
Mitch Hinge deserves plenty of credit. Not just for this game but his year so far. Apart from the Dogs game where he was injured he has been in our top players I’d say.
Tackles. Everyone put a serious effort into tackling and didn’t just let the game run by.
Winning without Laird/Dawson doing everything. They did well but it was others who carried which is good to see we aren’t a one trick pony.
Did what we had to. North played well in patches but we just simply did what we had to which is often forgotten as a good thing.

Bad
Clearances in the second quarter. We were flogged in there early. Turned it around second half but a better team and we are a long way down.
Sloane in the middle. Put him to the Richie Douglas role and leave him there. He’d be much more serviceable there than clogging up the middle time. I don’t have an issue with him playing but we need to use him better.

Ugly
Can we get through a game without losing a KPD?
Fog a little off early but turned it around. Confidence is clearly the key and after last weeks game started slow but got there.

Back