Review Good/Bad vs North Melbourne, R22 2022

Who played well against North Melbourne?

• Sam Berry

• Jordan Dawson

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones

• Ben Keays

• Rory Laird

• Shane McAdam

• Ned McHenry

• Lachlan Murphy

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Patrick Parnell

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good: Forward line is starting to look dangerous. Still think we don't lead up at the ball enough. It has certainly clicked for Fog, just need Filthy to come on next year, and we will be super dangerous if we can stop bombing it in and actually kick it to advantage. Some more speed in a small forward would be nice.
Fog, Worrel, Schoenburg's 2nd half, Soligo, Tex and Mr Dependable himself Dawson.

B A D: Tackling and manning up a player. Our half-forwards and half-backs and mids need to be able to stick a tackle. North waltzed through the centre of the ground, and our players just weren't working hard enough. If North we half decent, they would have been a lot more than 8 points in front at halftime. It was putrid to watch. ROB cannot be our long-term ruck, just doesn't hit it to our advantage enough. As many have already for YEARS! we need some midfield bulls that have so toe. I wish we would come up with a better kicking strategy than kick it to ROB on the halfback flank...other teams have worked it out by now as its been our MO for 15 seasons. Rarely ever works.

The game time meant play to the Riverbank end of the ground had players looking right into the sun on high balls, so lets add the sun to the bad list...or the start time.

PUTRID: Umpiring...baffling understanding of what HTB looks like. Had to be a record for throw-ups as all three refused to call even the most blatant ones. The crowd for the last home game...ordinary effort.

I’m not putting a ruler thru him, his intensity in the air at pack contest disappoints me and dropping chest marks that are lace out worries me, I just set a higher bar than some
No you don't - you obviously have no idea about the development of a real tall. Amongst other factors already mentioned, self belief at the the highest level only comes with time. The coaching staff are aware of this - whether you are is irrelevant.

Those poor last 2 minutes in the 1st quarter which lead to a very poor 2nd quarter definitely cost us at least another 5 goals.
Well, I think that's true, but the point is we were SO BAD in that quarter that we'd have been done by 10 goals by a half decent team.

12 center clearances to 2 at half time?

20 to 5 inside 50's for Q2?
Something like that.

That's dire stuff.

Had North not succumbed to injury it may well have gone down to the wire.

This bit is "ifs, buts, and candy nuts".

I was impressed with the way we got back into the game particularly in the middle; but we have some really key injuries leading into next week which is a bummer.
I agree, last year and earler this year, we would have faded in the 4th Q after pressing in the 3rd.

That all said, straight kicking in the 1st and North doesn't have a good 2nd quarter. This is an area we need to work on.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well, I think that's true, but the point is we were SO BAD in that quarter that we'd have been done by 10 goals by a half decent team.

Something like that.

That's dire stuff.
Yeah we looked very tired and didn't turn up. Was one of our worst performances for the year for the first 3quarters.

Possible, but I lean towards it being an unlikely reason as we knew this was Norths 'grand final' due to Cunnington, and we copped something very similar last week. Of course there could be some as ours is next week.

We came into that game off and if anything tired.
I actually thought "This week is North's GF and next week is ours" at one stage late in the 2nd.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Something like that.

That's dire stuff.
Yeah, if we had kicked straight in the 1st quarter the game might have been done and we wouldn't have had that very poor quarter and what about that very poor umpire decision which lead to one of the 2 goals in the last 2 minutes of the 1st quarter which gave them momentum..

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a couple of north fans who are actually quite upbeat about their future. Kind of reminds me of last year except this time they can add clarkson to the reasons they're supposedly on the up.
Well, they are getting pick 1 and 2 (PP) this year and Clarkson. Have you forgotten what he did with that draft year the Hawks received the PP.

Either way, really effin good:

7e70cb5d4fc66fe7ba84608659a72331.gif
At a critical point in the game no less

Actually thought Jones' last quarter was massive

Doedee is officially on the trade table as far as I'm concerned with Worrell breaking out

Umpires, sorry they were rubbish and Eleni well yeah.....

Is there seriously any chance that he’d overcome all his injuries after 2 weeks off. Why didn’t we just ice his season, what’s the point of him struggling through the final 2 rounds?

Back