Review Good/Bad vs North Melbourne, R22 2022

Who played well against North Melbourne?

• Sam Berry

• Jordan Dawson

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones

• Ben Keays

• Rory Laird

• Shane McAdam

• Ned McHenry

• Lachlan Murphy

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Patrick Parnell

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't LDU's size that we didn't handle in the 1st half it was his speed, acceleration and agility. In the 2nd half Berry went to him and we set up more defensively at the centre bounces so he didn't have a clear path forward.

Also helped that ROB got well on top of Goldy who had his Number in the 1st half.

Teams always tend to be flat the weekend after a trip to perth..

Never understand this being used as an excuse. Brisbane/Gold Coast are one less hour in the air, should we be flat after those games as well? We would have been tucked up in our own beds on Monday night with nearly a week to prepare.

Last edited:

Never understand this being used as an excuse. Brisbane/Gold Coast are an extra hour in the air, should we be flat after those games as well? We would have been tucked up in our own beds on Monday night with nearly a week to prepare.
6 day break after a particularly hard game in the West doesn't sound ideal to me?

Never understand this being used as an excuse. Brisbane/Gold Coast are one less hour in the air, should we be flat after those games as well? We would have been tucked up in our own beds on Monday night with nearly a week to prepare.
Its not only the longer flight.. its also the surface of the oval.

Aparently, its harder on the players body’s when compared with other grounds around the country..

Thats the rumour anyway..

Is that shithole still standing?

I’ve been threatening to burn it to the ground for ages, but I thought someone would’ve beaten me to it by now.
Waste of a match…

Waste of a match…
Yep..

No point burning that place down.. the club and its supporters pretty much burn it down themselves, figuratively speaking, nearly every week.

Its why they need to continue to fight the prison bars fight.. its the only way they can get everyone on the same page and fighting the same enemy.. if they dont, they end up fighting each other!

They drag out the prison bars argument everytime s**t goes south for them these days.. its a distraction their moronic, gullible supporters fall for everytime.

Good - Jordan Dawson is best in the league style good.

Bad - Sitting in my seat at the ground and looking (again) at the opposition who are taller and more athletic than our boys. We are a grunt team with a few decent players - We need a severe injection of athletic talent in my humble opinion.

Bad - Sitting in my seat at the ground and looking (again) at the opposition who are taller and more athletic than our boys. We are a grunt team with a few decent players - We need a severe injection of athletic talent in my humble opinion.
Injections didn’t work well for Essendon 😜

I actually thought "This week is North's GF and next week is ours" at one stage late in the 2nd.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yup, that whole first half was played like no one wanted to risk an injury and get rubbed out for the showdown on our end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RT sorry I just don’t see it
Ironic you're called clean hands when some of the hands by RT during the game were next level and you cant recognise.
Hes taking time. Remember Fogarty has taken what 3 years to turn into what we knew he could be?

Ugly: North's list

Absolute s**t. How on earth did we win the spoon over them in 2020?
The had Brown and Higgins and a few other experienced players

They flogged our midfield in the 2nd quarter and imagine if they had JHF, Thomas and Philips playing near their potential.

They've done similar to GWS and the opposite to us an just drafted mids with their higher picks and have very little either end.

In Nicks' presser @ 12.41 in, he's asked something that starts with "So this young man who grew up in South Australia... mumble mumble ... Showdown ... do you care ...?".
I couldn't hear it clearly, although I replayed it several times and Nicks dodged the question, well, refused to comment.

Can anyone please tell me what that was about?
I believe it was about JHF and about showing him with a showdown which club he should choose

In Nicks' presser @ 12.41 in, he's asked something that starts with "So this young man who grew up in South Australia... mumble mumble ... Showdown ... do you care ...?".
I couldn't hear it clearly, although I replayed it several times and Nicks dodged the question, well, refused to comment.

Can anyone please tell me what that was about?
"Who spent a lot of time in Alberton, do you care what another club wears in a showdown?"

No, Rucci, he doesn't.

Ironic you're called clean hands when some of the hands by RT during the game were next level and you cant recognise.
Hes taking time. Remember Fogarty has taken what 3 years to turn into what we knew he could be?
Give me Luke Jackson 2021 to RT 2022 everyday of the week, be careful referring to poster names😉, I did recognise the drop chest mark lace out if that helps

Outside of Laird and Keays, our midfield is still very young so there bodies hasn't even filled out and only "a few decent players" lol.

Luke Jackson is playing in a good team with mature players around him. Thilthorpe form in 2022 has been inconsistent with injuries but some of the things he does show he will elite.

The Crows aren't giving him the best chance either. Bombing it long into a forward line is not helping. I suspect as we get better with our ball movement we will start hitting up the leads.

Back