Review Good/Bad vs North Melbourne, R4 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Seed and Sholl playing their wing roles to perfection this year tbh.
& Seed played most of the last quarter on ball when we really needed another midfield contributor.

I wonder if that is why Nicks said he was pleased that Laird played a different role in the last quarter.

People talk about Ned and his lack of footy IQ, the thing is he's pretty much always moving to the right spots at the fall of the ball.

Disposal and stupid free kicks are his biggest falling. Confident enough the disposal will improve to an acceptable level. The agro needs to stop.
The first few games this year he put his head down and focussed on the ball - he looked like he might make it.

the agro comes out and he turns to complete crap.

he needs to realise it has a massive negative effect on his performance, and that he needs to focus his energy on the game

Just heard from Noble that apparently they tagged Seedsman as well for parts of the game.

Can't say I noticed
Outside niggle, their tags today were ineffective.

For those saying forget about the game I disagree.

So much to learn from this game. From the basic attitude POV we thought it would all happen for us. Also there are certain players that need a spell or even have their papers stamped.

Glad we turned it around in the last quarter though.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Good:
If we can win like that with Billy, imagine what we can do without him. Either bring in Thilthorpe or put a rocket up Berg and play him instead

We've finally found a position for Mackay. At this rate he'll make it to 300 without doing too much damage to the team

Bad:
Their run through the middle from turnovers cut us up until they ran out of steam in the last

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After that game I will make two "Hashtag Big Calls (r)(tm)(c)2021" that can be checked back on in 4-5 years:
  1. Ben Keays will have the same career path at Adelaide as he did in Brisbane. Regular fixture while the team is bad, won't get in the 22 when/if the team becomes good
  2. In 5 years Lachlan Sholl will be the same player getting the same number and quality of disposals, but will have slowly shifted from board favourite to alledgedly being too soft and only gifted spot due to the boys club (tm)
Mr Positive over here

For those saying forget about the game I disagree.

So much to learn from this game. From the basic attitude POV we thought it would all happen for us. Also there are certain players that need a spell or even have their papers stamped.

Glad we turned it around in the last quarter though.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
Bad: We’re a young team and mistakes will be made. And mistakes were aplenty.

Good: we showed we’re willing to learn from mistakes - 4th quarter efforts. Solid games from Doedee, Laird, Keays, Sholl and Butts.
Glad to see Fog back in, 3 goals is a good return as a forward (could have had 4). Hope he stays in the team permanently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back