Review Good/Bad vs North Melbourne - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually quite like her, I find she only talks when she actually has something insightful to say.

Could just be because Cameron Ling has set the bar so low for special comments though.
As far actually useful and insightful special comments go she is pretty much the best imho. Cuts through the background blather and worth paying attention to.

Kelly Underwood is a really good commentator, who knows what she's talking about. She was the first female AFL commentator, but was drummed out of television. It probably doesn't help that her voice is like listening to fingernails scraping on a blackboard - but Roo is exactly the same (horrible voice), yet he manages to keep a job in the television industry (albeit as boundary rider).

Kelli is very knowledgeable, but you're right. I feel like she tries a little too hard to be "blokey" in her commentator voice and overcompensates - outside of commentating games she sounds very different when she speaks.

Kelli is very knowledgeable, but you're right. I feel like she tries a little too hard to be "blokey" in her commentator voice and overcompensates - outside of commentating games she sounds very different when she speaks.
Kelli tries a bit too hard and as a result makes a few errors that make her look silly.

Trying to add little tidbits of random facts from the Dwayne Russell school of commentary.

If Kellie stuck to calling the play by play action and reduce the extra info she tries to insert she'd be mich better to listen too.

As Richie Benaud used to say, less is more.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back