Review Good/Bad vs North Melbourne - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I wrong in saying Strachan just seems like a better option than ROB…

better tap ruck, better kick and better awareness of his team mates and surroundings..

Be careful of rating any performances this week. Even poor players can look a million bucks when you're belting an opposition.

Good:
Laird and Keays - capped off strong seasons with a dominant performance, 16 clearances and 78 disposals between them
Strachan - Putting us in a good predicament, hitouts to advantage were huge
McAdam - Goty nom coming up but played his best overall game for the season
Butts - Just keeps building, capping of a stellar season
Schoenberg - Has a huge bag of tricks, our most skillful mid by far
Neddy - Kicks straighter at goal and hed just about bog
Cook - Going to be a star

Special mention:
Mackay - Love him or loathe him, he's got the best out of himself on and off the field. Nice to gift him a goal and send him out a winner, all the best Dmac
Lynch - Has had a defining role in our club since 2015, elite at what he did and who could forget the 10 goal game, Thanks Lynchy

Good
Laird, Keays, Sloane, Doedee, Schoenberg.
The young blokes.
Butts, Jones, Cook, McHenry, Strachan. Gollant, McAdam.
The forward line looks a much better structure with Cook and Gollant in it. Why not earlier?

Bad
Murphy. Not AFL standard.
Frampton at times.
Thilthorpe gets pass as he is young and had a better last quarter.
Our lack of a decent small forward.

Ugly
The season. Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
Some will whine about dropping a couple spots in the draft, but in a year when there's a clear top 3 who we weren't getting then you can throw a blanket over the next 10, who gives a *?

You can't buy a team building win like that one. Lets all the young guys head into the preseason with a lot of positive energy.

Special mention:
Mackay - Love him or loathe him, he's got the best out of himself on and off the field. Nice to gift him a goal and send him out a winner, all the best Dmac

The Mackay banana in the pocket would have been legendary. :oops:

Then it hit the post. :$

Tough to say, so much can change in a pre-season. Sholl, Berry, Pedlar probably in the mix too
Just thought I was missing someone obvious that should be in R1 to improve us even further.

Sholl and Berry will be good inclusions too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: Some nice moments for Lynch and D-Mac at the end.

Bad: Talia missing out :(

Ugly: The general standard of the match. Pretty bleak.

Last edited:
McHenry with a lazy 13 score involvements from 24 touches
Just realised he's still eligible for a RS nom. He did more than enough to get one.

Last edited:

better tap ruck, better kick and better awareness of his team mates and surroundings..

Doesn’t seem to have as a contested pack mark, which of course is where ROB excels.

I‘d be looking for an upgrade on both of them over the next 2-3 years..

ROB was our best and fairest last year…bit early to write him off I think. Strachan reminds me of Rehn though. I’m glad he get a couple of games this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back