Review Good/Bad vs North Melbourne - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Frampton has a a much better knack for judging the flight of the ball than Murray, who gets lost watching his man quite a lot. Murray is more athletic and a bigger kick, however.

At this point I prefer Frampton because he has more flexibility to move forward if the opposition goes small.
move forward and do what exactly?

... if he can turn into a decent KPD, his ability to go forwards is absolutely something that would count in his favour in a direct comparison to Murray, who struggles at both ends right now.
Absolutely not, because he is utterly useless forward.
His record as an AFL forward is dreadful (Google any stats sheet on him eg 0.2 goals/game).
If he was spudding it up down back, or one of our forwards went out injured, Frampton is the last player on our list that I'd send forward. He's been tried there, often.

He's not a KPF's bootsprig.

Having said that, he is not yet 'good' as a defender, but it's better then when he plays forward. If he doesn't make it in defence, delist.

I think you're being a bit OTT there. He's not an AA but he can play forward and bring the ball to ground plus also ruck in a pinch. He also takes more contested marks than Fogarty does. If he can turn into a decent KPD, his ability to go forwards is absolutely something that would count in his favour in a direct comparison to Murray, who struggles at both ends right now.

he went 8 games as a forward without kicking a goal

Eleni Glouftsis can piss right off...terrible umpiring display. Go and maggot the AFLW
But would you say the same thing regarding a male umpire if he did a s**t job?!

Frampton has a a much better knack for judging the flight of the ball than Murray, who gets lost watching his man quite a lot. Murray is more athletic and a bigger kick, however.

At this point I prefer Frampton because he has more flexibility to move forward if the opposition goes small.
Lost me once you suggested Frampton going forward.
Frampton has a last chance and it's not up forward. I think he's been tried up there enough.

I would have been much kinder to Scott Stevens if I knew Billy Frampton was going to be our swingman one day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have been much kinder to Scott Stevens if I knew Billy Frampton was going to be our swingman one day

You don't know what you've got till it's gone

I actually quite like her, I find she only talks when she actually has something insightful to say.

Could just be because Cameron Ling has set the bar so low for special comments though.
I think part of the difficulty for female commentators initially was that it was a 100% male domain for so long.

It was just so completely foreign and unfamiliar to hear a female voice talking about football or cricket, regardless of what they said.

Now that barrier has been broken down.

I think part of the difficulty for female commentators initially was that it was a 100% male domain for so long.

It was just so completely foreign and unfamiliar to hear a female voice talking about football or cricket, regardless of what they said.

People not used to hearing higher pitched voices so don't like them.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It helps that they now have women's leagues, playing at the same level as the men's competitions. There are a heap of very good female commentators coming out of these competitions, most notably Bridie O'Donnell (cycling) and the British Cricket commentators.

It helps that they now have women's leagues, playing at the same level as the men's competitions. There are a heap of very good female commentators coming out of these competitions, most notably Bridie O'Donnell (cycling) and the British Cricket commentators.

That's a good point about Bridie O'Donnell.
She was excellent on the cycling tours. The male commentators were good also, but Keenan is really irritating when he says "he's" instead of "his", all the time.

People not used to hearing higher pitched voices so don't like them.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dont agree at all. Not everything has to have a sexist overtone. If someone is good at what they do, they’ll get the praise. Male commentators have been criticised for years, why shouldn’t females? In the cricket I personally think Isa Gua is one of the best going around. She’s good at what she does and is there based on her ability.

Marina Granovskaia is one of the most powerful people in world football (soccer). If you consider the power wielded by a sole individual she might be the most powerful

she is obviously a woman, a ruthless negotiator and no one cares about her gender

people who obsess about gender have some preconceptions to work through.

that said there always issues with positive discrimination to move the dial which doesn’t always help.

Daisy Pearce’s voice doesn’t help, it’s like a more monotone crow cast

Dont agree at all. Not everything has to have a sexist overtone. If someone is good at what they do, they’ll get the praise. Male commentators have been criticised for years, why shouldn’t females? In the cricket I personally think Isa Gua is one of the best going around. She’s good at what she does and is there based on her ability.
Kelly Underwood is a really good commentator, who knows what she's talking about. She was the first female AFL commentator, but was drummed out of television. It probably doesn't help that her voice is like listening to fingernails scraping on a blackboard - but Roo is exactly the same (horrible voice), yet he manages to keep a job in the television industry (albeit as boundary rider).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back