Maddogmetro

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
I'm sick of Richmond injuries being an excuse before the game started, and the immediate comments after the game is over.

I don't remember us getting those comments despite having half our team out for most of last season. We were crucified for being so s**t after a grand final in 2017.

We dominated the game, and that showed in the end. Crouches, ROB, Jenkins, Sloane, Tex...all the big names stepping up today.

Onto the bye and Geelong.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Good:

B Crouch – Elite midfielder. This is the sort of talent you get with a top 5 pick.

Jenkins, Tex - Imposing

O’Brien – Gun. We are blessed to have 5 or so years of Big Sauce and then this kid as his replacement.

Betts - This has gone past skill now. Betts is paranormal.

The class shown by Richmond players.

Hartigan – gutsy, tough player.

CEY - absolute beast

2 - 0 so far in a tough month

Sloane - captains goal.

The Bad:

Laird – Mr “hot potato”. Get ball give off as soon as possible, it’s irrelevant if the receiver is under pressure. Fast becoming the meaningless possession king.

Douglas – dumb, dumb footballer. Momentum killer. Card should have been stamped after the GF.

Atkins/Douglas – When Pyke watches the replays does he actually take notice of errors by individuals or is it all about a break down in the game plan. Some of the mistakes these two make or their lack of intensity is unforgivable.

Milera – Down on confidence. Slipping back into pre-2018 mode

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Made it very difficult for ourselves but got the win in the end.

ROB immense with 54 hitouts, 22 to advantage and 6 clearances.

Crouches with a ludicrous 78 touches and 18 clearances.

They deserve the break

19 disposals and 7 tackles. The hit outs were always going be a large number, great to see him continue his work around the ground. He’s improving after 10 straight, I’m not sure there’s a wall on the horizon yet.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
The Good:

B Crouch – Elite midfielder. This is the sort of talent you get with a top 5 pick.

Jenkins, Tex - Imposing

O’Brien – Gun. We are blessed to have 5 or so years of Big Sauce and then this kid as his replacement.

Betts - This has gone past skill now. Betts is paranormal.

The class shown by Richmond players.

Hartigan – gutsy, tough player.

CEY - absolute beast

2 - 0 so far in a tough month

Sloane - captains goal.

The Bad:

Laird – Mr “hot potato”. Get ball give off as soon as possible, it’s irrelevant if the receiver is under pressure. Fast becoming the meaningless possession king.

Douglas – dumb, dumb footballer. Momentum killer. Card should have been stamped after the GF.

Atkins/Douglas – When Pyke watches the replays does he actually take notice of errors by individuals or is it all about a break down in the game plan. Some of the mistakes these two make or their lack of intensity is unforgivable.

Milera – Down on confidence. Slipping back into pre-2018 mode
Agree with everything except I thought Atkins was much better tonight than previous few weeks.

woopedazz

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am a RatKing doubter, but i think we need to take our s**t-coloured glasses off when you look back on this game. He actually did some quite good things. He evolved throughout the game and grew some testicles and actually did pretty good in the second half i think. Atkins taking a punch in the face and still marking it, and then not shirking a floater coming his way 30 seconds later could be a bit of turning point... hopefully

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Gutsy win. Down to 1 on the bench, 5 day break. Got it done AND ran away with it

We're pretty fit this year if nothing else

Sucks we got some injuries, but you may as well do them going into your bye

ROB, Brouch Immense. Sloane stood up when needed

Milera and Dougie were very poor. Probs the worst game i've seen from jnr

Dougie needs to come out and get Jones in there.

Eddie just ridiculous. I think he deliberately made the goal harder for himself..... lol

May 26, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Top 10s:

Metres gained:
Atkins - 657
Brad - 555
Seed - 509
Smith - 493
Tex - 398
Laird - 365
Sloane - 332
Gooch - 321
ROB - 293
Keath - 279

Score involvements:
Tex - 10
Brad - 10
CEY - 9
RAt - 9
ROB - 9
JJ - 8
Eddie - 7
Matt - 7
Sloane - 7
Douglas - 6
Gooch - 6
Seeds - 6

Score involvements (minus direct scores)
Brad - 9
CEY - 9
ROB - 9
RAt - 8
Matt - 7
Douglas - 6
Eddie - 5
Gooch - 5
Seeds - 5
Sloane - 5

Pressure acts:
Douglas - 27
ROB - 25
Thor - 25
CEY - 20
Matt - 17
RAt - 16
Smith - 16
Sloane - 15
Tex - 14
Eddie - 14

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was right in front of me (lol) and everyone around thought the same. He ran away from the goals.
Gutsy win. Down to 1 on the bench, 5 day break. Got it done AND ran away with it

We're pretty fit this year if nothing else

Sucks we got some injuries, but you may as well do them going into your bye

ROB, Brouch Immense. Sloane stood up when needed

Milera and Dougie were very poor. Probs the worst game i've seen from jnr

Dougie needs to come out and get Jones in there.

Eddie just ridiculous. I think he deliberately made the goal harder for himself..... lol

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just to add, B Crouch is showing all the talent we knew he had. Just needed to get a clean run without injuries.

Geez, imagine if he didn't have those 2 years full of injury.
He would have broken into the AA squad last year and made AA this year, I was laughed at by Port Power supporters when I said B.Crouch will reach M.Crouch AA status.

Back