Review Good/Bad vs Richmond - Rd 13, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Their last seven games are at the G. I'd be confident as well if our last seven games were at Adelaide oval

Yeah and looking at their draw they play a lot of bottom half teams. Their percentage is going to be a problem, they will need some big wins. Hopefully they come 9th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep true. Recall a game v Collingwood got over 50,000. Had a concert going - all sorts.

Personally I really dislike Thurs night games, but I think it’s more about the SMA making the whole experience too expensive
I seem to recall some of our blockbuster Thursday night games being in school holidays?

I had tickets but didn't go as had kids sport with pickup at 8pm so not doable.

Also, went to the WC game and agree about costs associated. Too expensive for families at that timeslot, as not enough time to get home, get dinner on and get to game on time.

I'm sure I wasn't alone.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I sit in the riverbank stand (red section) and two years ago 3 blokes took up seats near me. They are the most horrid types of supporters. They drink constantly, yell abuse at the top of their lungs - especially at our players like Jenkins (yes even last night) and unfortunately think they are hilarious when doing so.
I am no prude, but it's actually reached the point where I'm no longer fussed if I go to the game or not. It's removed a heap of my enjoyment of the game. I can't stand the tools.
Idiots have no place at games.

Someone else posted last night, apparently Rioli said to Luke Brown after that goal that he'd always wanted to be at Adelaide Oval when Betts kicked one of those goals. Bloke is universally loved. Well done to you guys, played your hearts out. We know what it is like to have these injuries from last year, it does help develop the younger players so there are some positives

Bit like being a player watching Jordan sink a buzzer beater for the win.

I sit in the riverbank stand (red section) and two years ago 3 blokes took up seats near me. They are the most horrid types of supporters. They drink constantly, yell abuse at the top of their lungs - especially at our players like Jenkins (yes even last night) and unfortunately think they are hilarious when doing so.
I am no prude, but it's actually reached the point where I'm no longer fussed if I go to the game or not. It's removed a heap of my enjoyment of the game. I can't stand the tools.

Say something to them, call them out and embarrass them in front of those around them. I bet if you did others would speak up as well and back you up, I would.

Players don’t bother anymore because it’s too easy to catch a guy slightly high and get rubbed out for two weeks.

The shepherd is just a bump off the ball, players have pretty much stopped bumping so why wouldn’t they stop shepherding? The two go hand in hand.
Except that's not actually a shepherd. In fact I don't know if a traditional shepherd, with arms out, is still even legal.

Ugly:
--- several poorly-executed, dinky-fluffy-fancy short kicks that fell short, or missed the mark, or went straight to oppo players (Milera/Smith (unusually)/Douglas worst offenders, but it varies week to week).
Turnovers they make/create are just good footy (ditto, ours).
Turnovers we make/create from lousy kicking is slack, too-fancy-smartarse and costs us 2-4 goals every week.
--- :moustache: (<== or is he just planning for Movember? :))
Ok this is what some have meant by your posts.

Step back look at it and compare it to others, not sure what you do but it gives me a headache looking at your posts.

I honestly don’t know about Murphy. But I’ve commented re Fogarty’s lack of one on a few occasions. (It’s the mother in me I guess). Can’t imagine how you’d lose three teeth WITH a mouth guard in? The knock didn’t look that big to be honest.
Douglas said today that Murphy said to him before the game had forgotten his mouthguard and hoped he didn't cop one.

I have no idea how it can be policed though
When they are alcohol in fuelled
I have seen women ( my own sex) behaving induced by same causing problems
Its sad that people having to be intoxicated to support their team.

Except that's not actually a shepherd. In fact I don't know if a traditional shepherd, with arms out, is still even legal.

It might be, but the way the game is umpired, I can completely understand that how we are taught to shepherd is not being done at AFL level. Instead it's more about blocking the space in other ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok this is what some have meant by your posts.
Step back look at it and compare it to others, not sure what you do but it gives me a headache looking at your posts.
Fair enough. Apologies :rainbow:. I aim to be understood.
This will surprise you, but I've resorted to a kind of abbreviated note-speak to reduce the length of my posts. *Cue hilarity and disbelief from jaytex and others *
To explain, I'm an ex-English teacher and value the power of written language at its best. Brevity is not my long suit ;).
I'll work on it and try to be clearer eg I edited the above, removing 3 sets of brackets!

The club doesn't have any? I would have thought of them as disposable.
Heh, back in the day you would buy it from the chemist, boil it to soften it, then stick it in your mouth to mould it to your teeth * . I suspect they might be a bit more sophisticated these days, but yes, it would make sense for the medical team to be able to supply something on demand.

* No, children, the chemist-sourced product of which I speak was actually a mouthguard. :)

ROB - Lets not forget hes only played 12 games too.
Top post.
ROB has improved out of sight. Only 23, 202cms and around 100Kgs, his positioning and ruckwork, second efforts and field play are very good.
It's staggering to think he will only get better; future star. Only 12 AFL games, whaaaat? :eek:
It's been great watching ROB, Keath, Doedee, Milera, CEY and others lift their games so strongly.

Lots of positives with that win, generally the team did really well, a few clanger moments and some intermittent poor decision making but Richmond really concentrates on closing down the space, even if they had lots of key injuries they did this well for most of the game. Then the Crows with limited rotations finished all over them, very positive finish except for the in-game injuries! At 8 and 5 at the bye a really good platform for the season awaits, as they say it is in our players hands right now, best place to be really. Special mention for Reilly O'Brien and Brad Crouch, couple of outstanding efforts.

For me that's the best game I have seen brad crouch play for the club. What I loved about his game was he finally wanted to kick the ball when he got it instead of first thought to handpass.

I can't remember a game where crouch kicked the ball 50m so many times as tonight. Apart from that one turnover by foot to Martin he was brilliant.

He looked a lot better storming out of the middle kicking long to forward 50 rather than handballing in circles.
I listen to podcasts as I drive along and their is one called The Trend with Mark McGrath. Discusses a lot of the analytical stuff like the ratio

This year is the lowest KTH ratio in 7 years or so. ( ok I listen to them I dont take it all in) The point being that KTH ratio is something slowly creeping in across the whole league.

And something we complained long and loud about the CrouchBros:tm: over the last few years. So yes it is good too see

I seem to recall some of our blockbuster Thursday night games being in school holidays?

I had tickets but didn't go as had kids sport with pickup at 8pm so not doable.

Also, went to the WC game and agree about costs associated. Too expensive for families at that timeslot, as not enough time to get home, get dinner on and get to game on time.

I'm sure I wasn't alone.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A bigger issue is having a game last Saturday night then backing up on Thursday night. Two games within 5 days probably discounts a lot of casual goers of going to both matches.

Port after the Freo game have 4 games (admittedly one is a Showdown) at Adelaide Oval - will be interesting to see how their attendances go.

Its sad that people having to be intoxicated to support their team.

For some of us, it actually reduces our anxiety and I tend to have a couple of frothies (not a skin full) and my barracking becomes more subdued and my blood pressure is lower (until Eddie kicks his standard boundary side line goal) .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back