Review Good/Bad vs Richmond - Rd 13, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
The C10 news mentioned someone driving onto and getting struck on the O-bahn track at Paradise. Not sure what time it was but it would have caused a major disruption at some point of the night. The guy had a crows pass around his neck.

CFA

Last edited:

BringbackWebb

Debutant
May 30, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I notice a few people are mentioning certain anti-social behavioural issues in the crowd, I know from my younger days that the level of alcohol consumption and the amount of self control are inversely proportional. Although I never get to the games at Adelaide Oval I certainly go to some in Melbourne and would have to agree that no matter the team they support, there are some who should not be drinking so much for the sake of us all, I think we all need to be aware of this and think of others, most especially children in the crowd.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
The C10 news mentioned someone driving onto and getting struck on the Obahm track at Paradise. Not sure what time it was but it would have caused a major distruption at some pint of the night. The guy whad a cows pass around his neck.

Has someone been drinking?:p

For some of us, it actually reduces our anxiety and I tend to have a couple of frothies (not a skin full) and my barracking becomes more subdued and my blood pressure is lower (until Eddie kicks his standard boundary side line goal) .
I understand this but you also have to behave appropriately around people.

Simmo28

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2014
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
The C10 news mentioned someone driving onto and getting struck on the Obahm track at Paradise. Not sure what time it was but it would have caused a major distruption at some pint of the night. The guy whad a cows pass around his neck.

Given the grammar and spelling I am guessing the idiot was you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I honestly don’t know about Murphy. But I’ve commented re Fogarty’s lack of one on a few occasions. (It’s the mother in me I guess). Can’t imagine how you’d lose three teeth WITH a mouth guard in? The knock didn’t look that big to be honest.
I agree. Looked like something that happens a lot on the field.

Just crazy stuff. Don't doubt what you say but how can we let that go on. Wear a mouthguard. ffs.

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gill is trying to turn going to the footy into an experience Gill would be comfortable with
Don't agree. I still want to be that 10 year old kid that dad took to sturt oval to see motley and Davies play in the 80s. Sturt lost but I still got a scarf and everyone got along.

I want to take my 10 yr old now to see a big game and feel part of it and part of the community around footy.

Footy is for everyone and if the line gets crossed, especially around my kids, I'm going to have a problem.

Gill unfortunately has to err on the side of caution because some idiots take things too far. That's unfortunate but he's got to be clear about expectations around behaviour up front.

Gill is trying to turn going to the footy into an experience Gill would be comfortable with

Half time polo demonstrations, while the food and drink outlets also sell lines of coke?

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
I have no idea how it can be policed though
When they are alcohol in fuelled
I have seen women ( my own sex) behaving induced by same causing problems
And for all their faults, I’m thinking THIS is why the AFL are clamping down. It’s the idiots that drink too much and can’t contain themselves in their “support” of a team that ruin it for everyone else. The loud, obnoxious drunk patron is what they are trying to stamp out, and from the sounds of things, many of you are of the same mind. Perhaps they confuse vociferous support of any kind with the drunk obnoxious idiots?

We also need to remember that they have just issued a statement in regards to not doing enough to stop the abuse of Adam Goodes.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
And for all their faults, I’m thinking THIS is why the AFL are clamping down. It’s the idiots that drink too much and can’t contain themselves in their “support” of a team that ruin it for everyone else. The loud, obnoxious drunk patron is what they are trying to stamp out, and from the sounds of things, many of you are of the same mind. Perhaps they confuse vociferous support of any kind with the drunk obnoxious idiots?

We also need to remember that they have just issued a statement in regards to not doing enough to stop the abuse of Adam Goodes.
Turn the beer taps off

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Only on the Adelaide bo

LOL. I came here to see what everyone would say about Rat. Even after a pretty good game the Atkins whipping boy status never changes.

He played well. Probably got a reminder to apply pressure and show some aggression. He’ll revert back though so his rev ups need to be timed to happen when most important.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He looked like he was turning into an angry pills overdosed beserker tonight and on the verge of cutting it all loose. A shame we now won't see what could have been.
We know he doesn’t return from injuries well. I’d be surprised if he is able to get Thursday’s form again this year. Which sucks because that’s way better than anything Berg will produce this year.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
That would be controversial...though given the whinging about the cost, probably not a bad idea!
I wonder if that was mentioned as a solution would the silent majority, who can enjoy a drink without getting obnoxious, start to rein in those who cant

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Idiots have no place at games.
I took my kids down earlier in the year to the Geelong game. Well you remember we were awful that night but were in it still somehow.
At some stage the Geelong supporter in front of me was standing up going nuts and I screamed at him “Sit down you fat *”.
My older son recons it was the best thing he experienced at the game. LOL.
Keeps telling his friends and anyone else when it comes up. 😳

Back