Review Good/Bad vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

The perfect reality check.

A true reflection of what was overall a rubbish season, but the last month still gave us some positive signs for the future. I didn't think we'd win a game let alone three. It was an ideal game for Schoenberg, Sholl, Jones, Himmelberg etc to finish the season with - big opposing bodies, elite systems.

Today also tempered that "everything is fine" vibe that was no dount creeping in - everything isn't fine, we still have at least two years of list turnover to go, and an even longer rebuild, and more importantly significant football department and administration changes (if we're serious).

We got a good look at the list this year, and will likely go to the draft with three 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders, with more in 2021. Draft well and it can set us up.

Biggest sigh of relief - #1 ruck is sorted. O'Brien immense.

A long way to go for the club. The main concern from my perspective is the abhorrent state of the league and the sport itself. I struggle to watch it. But that's another thread...

Some players need a big offseason, Fogarty and Jones for starters.

Our first round choices don’t bode well for this upcoming draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another game where we prioritise experience over youth and lose

Glad we got valuable experience into Mackay and Hartigan instead of Hamill and Butts. Will be great next season when one or both aren't even on the list

The perfect reality check.

A true reflection of what was overall a rubbish season, but the last month still gave us some positive signs for the future. I didn't think we'd win a game let alone three. It was an ideal game for Schoenberg, Sholl, Jones, Himmelberg etc to finish the season with - big opposing bodies, elite systems.

Today also tempered that "everything is fine" vibe that was no dount creeping in - everything isn't fine, we still have at least two years of list turnover to go, and an even longer rebuild, and more importantly significant football department and administration changes (if we're serious).

We got a good look at the list this year, and will likely go to the draft with three 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders, with more in 2021. Draft well and it can set us up.

Biggest sigh of relief - #1 ruck is sorted. O'Brien immense.

A long way to go for the club. The main concern from my perspective is the abhorrent state of the league and the sport itself. I struggle to watch it. But that's another thread...

Perfectly summed up. Could not like this post more.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

In all honesty, we have finished the season in the best possible position.

We have seen that the gameplan can work.

We have got games into the kids.

We have the first picks in the ND and the Pre-Season draft.

I'm optimistic.

Putrid umpiring display!
Richmond will always be too good with that kind of assistance.

Richmond were miles above us and the umpiring was putrid all round... we have more as a club to worry about than umpiring... kicking and hand balling to hit a target or that isn’t a hospital ball would be my 1st decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good
Tex clunked a couple; its marvellous what can happen when you fly with two hands.
Fog- Not a bad game
ROB-Took the Gold Jacket with that performance

Bad
Clueless commentator Brown -Doedee and Milera are out injured D/-head

Ugly
Umpiring - putrid
Overrated Martin- Lost count on his clangers OOF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back