• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk about idiocy
Don't mind if I doooo:
homer-simpson.gif

His right foot was planted and closest to the goals.

Surely he can lift his left foot and bring it forward to be inline with his right foot - that is not play on. He has not gone infront of his mark.
I concur that he has not gone in front of the mark, or moved off his line.

He wasn't lifting it to bring it in line with his right foot - he was clearly starting the process of kicking the ball. The question is this - at what point in the kicking action is the player deemed to be playing on?

I concur that he has not gone in front of the mark, or moved off his line.

He wasn't lifting it to bring it in line with his right foot - he was clearly starting the process of kicking the ball. The question is this - at what point in the kicking action is the player deemed to be playing on?
It has to be after the ball has left the boot, as you can fake to handball as you can withdraw a kick, but it’s not until the ball leaves your hand or boot that it should be play on.

Last edited:

Ok to settle this once and for all I spoke to Luke and he explained what happened.
He saw as he was going up for the mark that Keays was nearby, and was worried that he would try something to snaffle an easy goal for himself. He thought about putting it straight through from the line, but then remembered what he’d been told by his line coach about having to get better at balancing being sensible and instinctive. So, he chose not to kick it, and to calm down instead.

Luke loves music, and loves dancing even more, and remembered that recently they had been asked to choose a song to be played after kicking a goal. He chose an obscure song by someone called ‘Oliver tree’ but his second choice would have been Nutbush City Limits. He decided that to calm down he’d do a couple of steps of the Nutbush on the mark, and he’d just gotten started when he felt a whack on his arm. He assumed it was Ben Keays trying some bullshit and thought WTF and threw up his hands to tell Ben to * off but the ball got dislodged and then it was over in a flash.
RIP Tina, Peds in mourning

Back