Review Good/Bad vs West Coast rd 9 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who thinks skills are Harry's problem doesn't know what they're talking about.

Yup. He's humming along nicely at the moment. Probably the only flaw is fitness, seeing he's getting 73% game time on average. That'll clean up with another preseason though.

No I have not made your point at all in fact you have completely missed the point - you wrote that Fog has no high ceiling, I pointed out that his first qtr showed his ceiling and his potential that many supporters are excited by. His coach post game was also very pleased with what he saw.
McKay is 32 years old and although he has done well to have had such a long career still probably hasn't got the highlight reel that D.Fog has. Yes he needs to do more of it but he has demonstrated that his ceiling is high.

I don’t quantify a guys ceiling as one good quarter every so often.

Plenty of professionals are capable of that.

We shall see...but the likelihood of playing himself off the list is far greater than even being average let alone elite

21 others with his effort we win more games. Sure he’s bad on disposal but he gets where he needs to be, has big talk and communication with the group which is pretty quiet.
Did I fault his effort? I love the way he cracks in. Clean up his disposal and he becomes a much better player

I would be interested to see how Fogarty's first 30 game stats compare to Hipwood's. Anyone.

Definitely bullish on the Fog.
After 30 games for Hipwood (Fogarty is currently on 29 + 1x non-activated sub game)
Hipwood took 2 years to get to 30 games (Fog is in his 4th).
Hipwood kicked 41.32 to Fogarty's 32.7.
Hipwood averaged 8.9 disposals/game to Fogarty's 8.5.

Similar disposals, but Hipwood got there faster, and hit the scoreboard more than twice as often as Fogarty.

To the same age, Hipwood had played roughly twice as many games as Fogarty, with a correspondingly higher scoreboard tally.

After 30 games for Hipwood (Fogarty is currently on 29 + 1x non-activated sub game)

Similar disposals, but Hipwood got there faster, and hit the scoreboard more than twice as often as Fogarty.

To the same age, Hipwood had played roughly twice as many games as Fogarty, with a correspondingly higher scoreboard tally.
And Hipwood came to Brisbane when they were right near the bottom in a rebuild where they were prioritizing playing younger players. Fogarty got to Adelaide just after they lost a Grand Final and were hell bent on getting back there the following year and absolutely did not prioritize playing youth.

You are comparing apples and oranges when you say Hipwood got there faster as he was at a club under an entirely different part of its evolution

And Hipwood came to Brisbane when they were right near the bottom in a rebuild where they were prioritizing playing younger players. Fogarty got to Adelaide just after they lost a Grand Final and were hell bent on getting back there the following year and absolutely did not prioritize playing youth.

You are comparing apples and oranges when you say Hipwood got there faster as he was at a club under an entirely different part of its evolution
That's part of the story, but it's not the full story. Obviously no two clubs will ever be the same, either in their position in the premiership/bottom out cycle, in the quality of their players, or in a million other ways. If you wish to go down that path, then there's no point in comparing players from different clubs or different eras (e.g. Fog/Walker or Fog/Hipwood). That seems rather a pointless attitude to me.

Consider the following table:
Hipwood (30 games)Fogarty (29 games)
Games with at least 1 goal2220
Games with 2+ goals137
Games with 2+ scores2211
Scoreless games47

Hipwood's selection consistency has a lot to do with his consistency of performance on the field, and the regularity with which he hits the scoreboard. Fogarty's record just doesn't show the same level of consistency, which is why he's been in & out like a yoyo.

That's part of the story, but it's not the full story. Obviously no two clubs will ever be the same, either in their position in the premiership/bottom out cycle, in the quality of their players, or in a million other ways. If you wish to go down that path, then there's no point in comparing players from different clubs or different eras (e.g. Fog/Walker or Fog/Hipwood). That seems rather a pointless attitude to me.

Consider the following table:
Hipwood (30 games)Fogarty (29 games)
Games with at least 1 goal2220
Games with 2+ goals137
Games with 2+ scores2211
Scoreless games47

Hipwood's selection consistency has a lot to do with his consistency of performance on the field, and the regularity with which he hits the scoreboard. Fogarty's record just doesn't show the same level of consistency, which is why he's been in & out like a yoyo.
no its because nicks keeps picking dogshit players like himmelberg and frampton. if fogarty asks for a trade then * nicks and the club.

the future of our forward line is fogarty and thithorpe. anyone who thinks fogarty wont replace walker simply has no idea.

if walker doesnt play well for the remainder of the season then I woudnt be renewing his contract.

Last edited:
I don’t quantify a guys ceiling as one good quarter every so often.

Plenty of professionals are capable of that.

We shall see...but the likelihood of playing himself off the list is far greater than even being average let alone elite
Isn't the definition of their ceiling the best they can produce, even if it's one a quarter every so often?

Isn't the definition of their ceiling the best they can produce, even if it's one a quarter every so often?

Every professional who plays any sport has moments of great play—that is why they are pros.

So by that definition every single Crow has a “high ceiling”

What the Fog contingent really means is they believe his talent is such that he will be an elite player.

Elite players by definition are professionals that consistently perform at an above average level..game after game...season after season.

That ain’t the Fog

This is playdoh jamming the toilet at the pre-school level analysis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back