• Patrick Parnell

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wholeheartedly agree .....the tendency is always to have a scapegoat in the team .....Ned is the new Mackay

It's a highly emotional game & supporters have every right to pot players on a gameday performance ......but it doesn't define their career, particularly as most are developing

Of course not all will have long careers .....the averages say that
I love Ned, I love the effort he gives for our jumper.

But unfortunately, we’re not really seeing many attributes at AFL level that suggests he has much potential to improve on where he is. He needs to go back to the 2s to find what he showed in the last couple games of 2021.

I love Ned, I love the effort he gives for our jumper.

But unfortunately, we’re not really seeing many attributes at AFL level that suggests he has much potential to improve on where he is. He needs to go back to the 2s to find what he showed in the last couple games of 2021.
Seems to be having problems clearing congestion with his legs ......some players find space to get out of congestion easily, Ned not so easily

Interesting that Silvers and Olsen were at the game, was that out of respect to JK or making sure the team didn't read any media?
I saw both of them at the North Melbourne game in Hobart
Maybe they just support the team rain hail or shine?

Bad: the same posters who wrote Fogarty off as a bust doing exactly the same to Jones/McHenry! Despite admitting they got it wrong with Fog.
Fogarty showed more at AFL level in his first few seasons than Jones and especially McHenry ever have

Seems to be having problems clearing congestion with his legs ......some players find space to get out of congestion easily, Ned not so easily
Struggles to absorb contact as well. Bring Rankine and Rachele in and Keays is taking his spot, 186cm and 89kg is another significant advantage Keays has over Ned.

Last edited:
Mmmm? .....probably in the Liam Baker category from Richmond .....a player that gives 100% every week and will sacrifice for the team ....Baker is highly respected at RICH
Baker is more skilled, has a better football brain, can play in defence, forward and in the middle.

McHenry is no where near his level of output or quality.

Baker was a rookie wasn't he? McHenry a first rounder.

The other thing with Baker is he could get a game and would be in demand for any other club, I can't think of one club that would give us anything for McHenry.

I feel like we were the better team on the day apart from 3 players, Kennedy, Nick Nat and Barrass. Those 3 went beast mode today and were outstanding.
JK's last game definitely had an effect.
For us. The kids are coming along, Fog, Soligo, Berry continue their rise.
But I liked McHenry, Worrell, Hinge and Schoenberg, not massive stats but were effective and great pressure.
Our ball use under pressure is getting better, not perfect but definite improvement, and WC bought the pressure.
Looking forward to next year, bring in Rankine, Another Burgess preseason and I give us a 30/70 chance of sneaking into the 8.
Good point about the ball use. It is markedly better than the start of the year. Let's hope they dont forget to kick over the off season

I guess Berg getting selected consistently and contributing in his way means he will be retained while Frampton is traded/delisted.

Tex this & last year, has most games at 85% great ......but that 15% are stinkers

The dropped mark.....in the 3rd IIRC ,was a brain fade, a 12 point turn around
I wonder what stage of the years those stinkers are.

Is it after he gets a contract?

Pretty solid performance away from home, I thought.

Berry outstanding again. Coming into this season I though Schoenberg was going to take over the mantle as our best mid, but it's actually been Berry. He doesn't rack up numbers as big as Laird but it feels like he does, he just seems to be everywhere. Maybe it's just all the tackles and little knock ons etc that don't count as a disposal, but his influence is far greater than his numbers suggest. Same goes for Soligo... it's not that he gets a lot of possessions, but very few of them are junk so he gets maximum value for them. He makes good decisions, he makes them quickly, and he executes them well. Sounds so simple, really, makes you wonder why more of our players don't try that :p Parnell another one... surprised he only had 8 touches, but more than half of them were kicks and 100% efficiency. Looking forward to seeing more of him next year with another preseason to his name.

Fog and McAdam very good up forward, really good sign that we were able to break the 100 point mark without getting anything significant out of Tex.

A pretty dirty day for a few guys, not just Tex... Milera and Smith ordinary (being polite), even Dawson was well off his best. Got a bit of the ball but his use was way off his usual standard. Really need to start giving him more time in the middle instead of using him to plug holes in our leaky defence.

When you watch him at the match I don't think the TV does justice just how much intensity he plays with. The guy just keeps going, doesn't win ball he's laying a tackle. Seriously exciting prospect if he can just get his disposals up a bit more but even as he is offers a lot, especially with the Nicks style of game.
If you re-draft the last 2 drafts - Berry and Soligo are much higher than the spot they were taken

Both Soligo and Berry top 10, if not higher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean like before the collingwood game ?

Let’s acknowledge Tex was off but also even if he wasn’t Barrass is a star player capable of beating Tex

Freed up Fog nicely that Barass was v accountable on Tex

Win win
Tex also sacrificed his game in the second half by dragging Barras away from the contest

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Proud of the win, our first in the new stadium in Perth after 4 tries. Maybe it is a relief to many of the players about the exposure of the 2018 preseason camp and they are now able to just focus on the game. Fogarty was fogtastic once again and they responded to every challenge against a desperate West Coast. Hopefully we can finish off the season with 2 more wins but if not then it is not the end of the world.

You mean like before the collingwood game ?

Let’s acknowledge Tex was off but also even if he wasn’t Barrass is a star player capable of beating Tex

Freed up Fog nicely that Barass was v accountable on Tex

Win win
Nicks did say in the presser that Tex took one for the team in the second half to the detriment of his game to free up the other forwards. (yes I know he was being beaten anyway)

Edit: beaten to the punch by spexau :thumbsu:

I don't really get this comment. Soligo has shown no significant weaknesses thus far to suggest he cant be an elite player in the comp. Feel like going this early saying he wont be a superstar is just as silly as saying he will be. Ceiling is high.
That's fair, you're entitled to your opinion.

I just don't think he has the physical attributes to go to the elite level.

Good:
If we win our last two, and Port lose to Essendon at Marvel (Bombers are 1.80 favourites), we finish above the scum. Wouldn’t that just be hilarious 😂
The "Sack Hinkley" melts on their Autopsy thread are hilarious, wonderful reading.

PA's Premiership window:
shut-window-shut.gif

I saw both of them at the North Melbourne game in Hobart
Maybe they just support the team rain hail or shine?
I believe they both go to most games and attend the Chairman’s Function prior to the game. At our game up here against the suns Olsen was OS but Silvers was here.

Was very impressed with Berry at the game yesterday.

Every hard ball get was both clean and at speed - which meant that even if he didn't get clear he'd demand the physical attention of more than 1 player freeing up another of your mids. Multiple times he'd bust through, draw two tacklers with pure velocity then the ball would get knocked out and it'd be a new contest with numbers advantage to Adelaide. Was consistently influencing the game without getting a stat.

Really good player on your hands, fingers crossed he has a good injury run cause if that's the intensity he brings every game I'd be worried it'd take a toll on his body over long seasons as a consistent midfield cog.

Back