• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was very impressed with Berry at the game yesterday.

Every hard ball get was both clean and at speed - which meant that even if he didn't get clear he'd demand the physical attention of more than 1 player freeing up another of your mids. Multiple times he'd bust through, draw two tacklers with pure velocity then the ball would get knocked out and it'd be a new contest with numbers advantage to Adelaide. Was consistently influencing the game without getting a stat.

Really good player on your hands, fingers crossed he has a good injury run cause if that's the intensity he brings every game I'd be worried it'd take a toll on his body over long seasons as a consistent midfield cog.
He plays with the intensity of Dangerfield. Laird and Berry are a top line combo. We just need a couple to join them.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Was very impressed with Berry at the game yesterday.

Every hard ball get was both clean and at speed - which meant that even if he didn't get clear he'd demand the physical attention of more than 1 player freeing up another of your mids. Multiple times he'd bust through, draw two tacklers with pure velocity then the ball would get knocked out and it'd be a new contest with numbers advantage to Adelaide. Was consistently influencing the game without getting a stat.

Really good player on your hands, fingers crossed he has a good injury run cause if that's the intensity he brings every game I'd be worried it'd take a toll on his body over long seasons as a consistent midfield cog.
Wonder if Scorpus agrees?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I wonder what stage of the years those stinkers are.

Is it after he gets a contract?
Normally there's a correlation between a new Contract & players taking a big sigh & relaxing .....I can't see any difference in the Tex Walker pre, or post Contract

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Baker is more skilled, has a better football brain, can play in defence, forward and in the middle.

McHenry is no where near his level of output or quality.

Baker was a rookie wasn't he? McHenry a first rounder.

The other thing with Baker is he could get a game and would be in demand for any other club, I can't think of one club that would give us anything for McHenry.
Everyone has hangups on the 1st round pick for McHenry .....have a look at his Draft, wasn't much chop immediately after him .....he'll be a good pressure player, those are good value

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Normally there's a correlation between a new Contract & players taking a big sigh & relaxing .....I can't see any difference in the Tex Walker pre, or post Contract
Was it signed the week leading into the pies game ? I thought he might have played ok that day , not too shabby against Carlton on weitering

Brahahaha people just expect Tex to turn up and take Barass to get the cleaners

Also Tex has has Moore Weitering and Barass last few weeks … very nice for Fog , TT etc

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Was it signed the week leading into the pies game ? I thought he might have played ok that day , not too shabby against Carlton on weitering

Also Tex has has Moore Weitering and Barass last few weeks … very nice for Fog , TT etc
My opinion is Tex gets over confident & forgets to do the basics .....dropping a mark he can take blindfolded

He used to frustrate the hell out of me .....taking a mark on the HFF, wheeling around, looking a champion .....and either scrubbering the ball, or kicking directly to the opposition player

Not so much the last 2 years

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Everyone has hangups on the 1st round pick for McHenry .....have a look at his Draft, wasn't much chop immediately after him .....he'll be a good pressure player, those are good value
Doesn’t have to be immediately after him.

But it’s his first round status which is getting him games, we had Riley Knight who was the better player who we delisted.

A pressure player? That’s it, no other redeeming features? Could you see any other club trading for him and what would we get? What happens next year when we hopefully get Rankine and have Rachelle fit, how is he going to get a game?

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Can't remember a game in the last few years where we hit up a forward on the lead as much as we did today. Good signs.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Thats what happens when you give less time in the midfield to guys like keays and crouch.. and more time to guys like berry, soligo and shoey..

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Doesn’t have to be immediately after him.

But it’s his first round status which is getting him games, we had Riley Knight who was the better player who we delisted.

A pressure player? That’s it, no other redeeming features? Could you see any other club trading for him and what would we get? What happens next year when we hopefully get Rankine and have Rachelle fit, how is he going to get a game?
IMO pressure is his #1 wood .....still offers more than Rowe & Crouch .....I'd rather McHenry over those 2

Would a Club trade for him ? ......doubt it ATM ......but give the kid a break, he's only 22 with 47 games ....I'll cut him some slack till end of next year

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Struggles to absorb contact as well. Bring Rankine and Rachele in and Keays is taking his spot, 186cm and 89kg is another significant advantage Keays has over Ned.
Keays can play that role of a pressure FWD easily .....I love that we have a team of goers .....just add the class, cherry on top & we'll be right

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
IMO pressure is his #1 wood .....still offers more than Rowe & Crouch .....I'd rather McHenry over those 2

Would a Club trade for him ? ......doubt it ATM ......but give the kid a break, he's only 22 with 47 games ....I'll cut him some slack till end of next year
We have pumped more games into him than any other recent junior.

It’s not a matter of cutting the kid some slack, he just doesn’t offer anything beyond pressure, that’s it. He’s not all of a sudden with experience get quicker, be able to kick more than 40 metres and develop skill and footy smarts. No club would want him in their side enough to trade for him, that says it all.

As for Rowe and Crouch, irrelevant to the discussion.

But this started with a poster saying we are too tough on Jones and McHenry, look at Fog which you supported. It’s not a relevant comparison. I’d prefer DMack any day.

Oct 12, 2006
Far West SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Panthers, Double Blues
Bad: the same posters who wrote Fogarty off as a bust doing exactly the same to Jones/McHenry! Despite admitting they got it wrong with Fog.
Not sure who you are referring to?
I have always been on the Fog train and was bullish that we were messing him around playing him back and mid rather than letting him settle - he has always done special things that benefit the team - he has a great football brain.

I will also admit as I have before that McHenry and the love for him is so over rated. He has been gifted more games than Fog despite being on the list for less time - and his ceiling is looking very low - he has a decent crack but just hasn't got the skill or flair required to take us forward. He is a cattle dog that races around a lot but doesn't provide enough and is costly.

Jones I have more time for as he has at times shown that he can be very damaging and like Fog just needs to put it all together.

If we get Rankine with a fit Rachelle - McHenry may struggle to get a game.

jimvic

Senior List
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Isn't it also possible that the likes of Tex, Milera, Smith have all been struggling with the re-emergence of the camp issues? They had huge games last week, and you wouldn't think they would lose form so quickly without an external influence

Not sure who you are referring to?
I have always been on the Fog train and was bullish that we were messing him around playing him back and mid rather than letting him settle - he has always done special things that benefit the team - he has a great football brain
I will also admit as I have before that McHenry and the love for him is so over rated. He has been gifted more games than Fog despite being on the list for less time - and his ceiling is looking very low - he has a decent crack but just hasn't got the skill or flair required to take us forward. He is a cattle dog that races around a lot but doesn't provide enough and is costly.

Jones I have more time for as he has at times shown that he can be very damaging and like Fog just needs to put it all together.

If we get Rankine with a fit Rachelle - McHenry may struggle to get a game.

Without other things happening, it is highly unlikely trading Rankine and having a fit Rachele will impact McHenry selection wise, at least in the short term. Others will likely cop the fallout of that, i.e. Murphy/Milera from our current 22. Neds in a solid position seeing he's an offensively average defensive small forward, and there is always going to be one position in our lineup where you need an above average guy on the defensive side of things.

Where Ned will eventually struggle is if Berry completely displaces Keays out of our midfield, seeing he'll get done in the flow-on effect from that, and a Rachele/Rankine may just force him straight out of the lineup instead of having him lingering for a year or two (ala Murphy).

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Baker is more skilled, has a better football brain, can play in defence, forward and in the middle.

McHenry is no where near his level of output or quality.

Baker was a rookie wasn't he? McHenry a first rounder.

The other thing with Baker is he could get a game and would be in demand for any other club, I can't think of one club that would give us anything for McHenry.
Baker must have the thickest notebook because he attends every line meeting at his club, unless they do it differently and don’t pigeon hole their list into a certain line.
I like to see him as the truest form of the old position “Rover” and is always within earshot of Nankervis and Cotchin and circles that offensively or defensively.
Many levels above the player you are comparing.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Without other things happening, it is highly unlikely trading Rankine and having a fit Rachele will impact McHenry selection wise, at least in the short term. Others will likely cop the fallout of that, i.e. Murphy/Milera from our current 22. Neds in a solid position seeing he's an offensively average defensive small forward, and there is always going to be one position in our lineup where you need an above average guy on the defensive side of things.

Where Ned will eventually struggle is if Berry completely displaces Keays out of our midfield, seeing he'll get done in the flow-on effect from that, and a Rachele/Rankine may just force him straight out of the lineup instead of having him lingering for a year or two (ala Murphy).
Berry has already displaced Keays imo. Laird and Berry are our two best mids. The debate is who is next best out of Soligo, Schoenberg, Keays. A fit Rachele and the inclusion of Rankine along with another preseason into the likes of Cook, Pedlar Newchurch, Nankervis will see Murphy and McHenry out of the team. Pedlar can already play that position better than Ned but Pedlar is injury prone.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Isn't it also possible that the likes of Tex, Milera, Smith have all been struggling with the re-emergence of the camp issues? They had huge games last week, and you wouldn't think they would lose form so quickly without an external influence
Potentially, but at this stage I think we’re reading too much into one bad game from Tex. It’s not like he got beaten by Sam Durdin. Barass is a serious player and he’s in good form, I’ll back Tex to bounce back this week.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Coaches votes

10 Josh J Kennedy (WCE)
7 Darcy Fogarty (ADEL)
6 Rory Laird (ADEL)
5 Tom Barrass (WCE)
1 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
1 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
I’m assuming Nicks gave Dawson the 1? Surprising really, does slightly worry me that Nicks didn’t rate Berry’s game as worthy of a vote ahead of him.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Coaches votes

10 Josh J Kennedy (WCE)
7 Darcy Fogarty (ADEL)
6 Rory Laird (ADEL)
5 Tom Barrass (WCE)
1 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
1 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
I thought the best five players on the ground, and in order, were:
1. JK
2. Laird
3. Barrass
4. Fog
5. Nic Nat

I thought they were the clear best 5. I assume Simpson gave Dawson a vote rather than Nic Nat.

Back