• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agreed. No one is screaming out as a must have with those draft picks. And Im relatively happy with the Will Hamil pick (despite his on goin health concerns)

View attachment 1470896
No McHenry selection was diabolical at time and absolutely proven as simply then and now has no attributes of AFL footballer.
Too small
Slow
Cant kick
No football nous
Helter skelter methods only create frees against and 50 m penalties
Attacks body but can't hold a tackle of moving player.
No goal sense.
No crumbing ability.
Sorry that's just a start I keep trying not to continue to criticise this selection or player but frustrating that posters keep trying to post positives.
I would take 90 percent of those players over Ned.
Whilst Jones not starred yet he does possess AFL skill and speed so still real hope for .

May 4, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
No McHenry selection was diabolical at time and absolutely proven as simply then and now has no attributes of AFL footballer.
Too small
Slow
Cant kick
No football nous
Helter skelter methods only create frees against and 50 m penalties
Attacks body but can't hold a tackle of moving player.
No goal sense.
No crumbing ability.
Sorry that's just a start I keep trying not to continue to criticise this selection or player but frustrating that posters keep trying to post positives.
I would take 90 percent of those players over Ned.
Whilst Jones not starred yet he does possess AFL skill and speed so still real hope for .
Soo who would you have selected instead? Those players listed have done less in the same period.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jones and McHenry are still a concern whether they make it or not.

McHenry's limitations at the moment are size, lack of pace and sporadic decision making/skill. Can he overcome this? It'll be tough.

Whereas Jones' limitations (in my opinion) are mental. He looks like an over thinker and is struggling to grasp many directions (when to go and when to stay back, when to leave your opponent etc.). 75% of the time he does the right thing and the other 25% you scratch your head wondering what he was thinking. Probably relates to his possession count as well. Never playing the same position wouldn't help. I think he needs continuity in the same position and to play more on instinct. He has the physical attributes (speed, neat skills and toughness).

I'd persist with Jones over McHenry (though the coaches appear to think the opposite).

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I thought the less congestion was more to do with the wider ground.
That could be it but Optus stadium is modelled on the MCG. Whatever it is, I thought the footy was attractive given 15 vs 17 ladder positions.

Back