• Brodie Smith

• James Borlase

• Patrick Parnell

• Reilly O'Brien

• Lachlan Gollant

• Mark Keane

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crouch. He is a better inside mid. Hus distribution by hand to outside players is great. He is a 360 degree player.

Laird is really just a straightline player shoehorned into an inside mid.

Push Laird outside and keep Crouch inside.

No Sloane and keep Keays at HF.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I actually think Dawson-Crouch is a very good combination. Just need to add a dynamic third element to it - Pedlar/Rankine/Rachele all with another Burgess preseason could be it if they can’t aggressively trade for an elite mid.

Good technique as important as natural skill.
Some of our players need to work hard this summer learning a reliable set shot technique.
Keays, Murphy, Rankine, Pedlar all look to have undisciplined and lackadaisical method with set shots. Rach has had the yips lately but has a better technique.

Execution of a uncontested skill (golf, tennis serve, gymnastic routine, AFL set shots for examples) can be fine tuned to become a reliable and repeatable skill.

I'm hoping this is a strong off season focus.
Needs a lot of work. Loathe to suggest anything of the sort considering our last foray into the mental side but we seem to catch the yips as a side too.

One week we score 18.9, the next 9.18. If we miss early and often, it spreads through the team like a virus. All of a sudden instead of players stepping up to be the one to break the streak of behinds they usually panic and miss too. We really seem to struggle when we're a run of behinds and need to snap it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I come in peace. Just want to say great year guys and cruelly been shafted by the AFL to miss finals the way it happened. You guys deserve it much more than my Doggies if we make it. Loved watching Tex’s last couple of years, what a great turn around in his career. You guys will be top 6 next year for sure. Love the way you blokes play. All the best for 2024

Tex also carried us all year. Once he starts dipping we are screwed.
This is my biggest fear about the whole "We're getting better, next year finals" thing. He has played a blinder of a year, but the body could go at any point.

I come in peace. Just want to say great year guys and cruelly been shafted by the AFL to miss finals the way it happened. You guys deserve it much more than my Doggies if we make it. Loved watching Tex’s last couple of years, what a great turn around in his career. You guys will be top 6 next year for sure. Love the way you blokes play. All the best for 2024
Don’t be shy…………… get a Melbourne membership

Cheers

It was a perfect display of horror goal kicking yips. Pretty much the summary of our season. When we play well and kick well, we look as potent as any team going around this year. Pity about the 20+ behinds and a few out on the full!

The progression of the young lads is the highlight for me, particularly in the last half of the match. We have a lot of potential A-graders coming through the ranks and if we can keep churning that organic growth over the preseason, it’s hopefully an exciting season ahead with some more kicking composure.

Needs a lot of work. Loathe to suggest anything of the sort considering our last foray into the mental side but we seem to catch the yips as a side too.

One week we score 18.9, the next 9.18. If we miss early and often, it spreads through the team like a virus. All of a sudden instead of players stepping up to be the one to break the streak of behinds they usually panic and miss too. We really seem to struggle when we're a run of behinds and need to snap it.

Hit the nail on the head. Our goal kicking on the face of it looks pretty good - as below. But when you factor in all shots taken (at least 10 shots in the season to get a ranking, 304 players currently ranked) we only have 3 players in the top 100

Tex 76.34. (53)
Rankine 36.27. (170)
Fog 34.23. (109)
Peds 25.15. (149)
Thilthorpe 18.9. (74)
Murphy 12.8 (208)
McAdam 12.4. (12)

And then - hard to believe Dawson is bottom 12 in the comp for goal kicking accuracy (including misses)

Keays 22.19. (177)
Rach 23.25. (229)
Dawson 6.15. (292)
Laird 3.10. (301)

And it is infectious. We had plenty of games where we kicked well for goal - but when we didn’t, it was usually really bad

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back