Review Good/Bad vs Western Bulldogs, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

He can do some good things, but on the flip side also do some totally dumb things. That missed goal was an absolute disgrace. Why didn't he kick it before that last baulk? Running into an open goal 30m out. Unfortunately I've seen him do that a few times this year alone.

He has developed into a ful passenger.

I just watched the game this morning. Nicks seemed so disheartened in his half time interview, despite us doing ok in the first half.

He was the same in the post-match presser; I think we’ve broken him

I was just thinking the same thing today. Watched his presser again and he’s very down, especially for someone who says he knew exactly what he was walking into.

I’m not a blokey bloke but I’d like to see some stronger language and body language from him. This is where we’re at, we’re in transition, we’re getting games into kids, they’re showing some good signs, we’re building a culture, we’re putting bits together, it’s going to take time, we need the senior players to stand up more.

Instead we get “yeah...hmm...we’re letting ourselves down...”

I’m firmly in the “wait for the end of the year to bring in top line draft players, new assistants and a new fitness regime” category, so the losses don’t worry me too much, but seriously the club is doing a totally crap job at communicating with members. We brought in Adam Kelly in footy ops and Daniel Jackson as leadership development and haven’t heard a word from them. And I don’t mean soft good news stories, but updates on what’s happening. Are we improving the culture or not? Are we developing leaders and building new practices? What’s being done to teach new players and turn them into players and leaders? What are they learning about being better players and people to offset the ongoing stories about the camp?

All we’re seeing is losses on the field - where are the wins off the field?

All we are getting is operational communication - did we win or not and why not. No strategic communication from Fagan, only Roo talking about how much ex-players got paid and acting anything but like a director of football on TV.

And no tactical communication that would help us to think that despite the losses we are in some ways on the right track.

I don’t know if Nicks can coach or not yet, but he sounds like a man with no handle on the situation other than “we’ll train some more and try again next week”, and meanwhile the club is providing no other information to help us think differently.

It’s really poor communication and leadership from the club.

I was just thinking the same thing today. Watched his presser again and he’s very down, especially for someone who says he knew exactly what he was walking into.

I’m not a blokey bloke but I’d like to see some stronger language and body language from him. This is where we’re at, we’re in transition, we’re getting games into kids, they’re showing some good signs, we’re building a culture, we’re putting bits together, it’s going to take time, we need the senior players to stand up more.

Instead we get “yeah...hmm...we’re letting ourselves down...”

I’m firmly in the “wait for the end of the year to bring in top line draft players, new assistants and a new fitness regime” category, so the losses don’t worry me too much, but seriously the club is doing a totally crap job at communicating with members. We brought in Adam Kelly in footy ops and Daniel Jackson as leadership development and haven’t heard a word from them. And I don’t mean soft good news stories, but updates on what’s happening. Are we improving the culture or not? Are we developing leaders and building new practices? What’s being done to teach new players and turn them into players and leaders? What are they learning about being better players and people to offset the ongoing stories about the camp?

All we’re seeing is losses on the field - where are the wins off the field?

All we are getting is operational communication - did we win or not and why not. No strategic communication from Fagan, only Roo talking about how much ex-players got paid and acting anything but like a director of football on TV.

And no tactical communication that would help us to think that despite the losses we are in some ways on the right track.

I don’t know if Nicks can coach or not yet, but he sounds like a man with no handle on the situation other than “we’ll train some more and try again next week”, and meanwhile the club is providing no other information to help us think differently.

It’s really poor communication and leadership from the club.
Kelly was one fiveaa this arvo and thought he spoke well

Not only are we the least fit team In the comp. we are also the worst tacklers! These are 2 things that any coach should work on first! Our tackling has been worst in the league for years (having Mackay does not help)

So not only are we the unfittest and the worst tacklers (just hire a Melbourne Storm guy - NRL tackle 100x more and Storm guys will know AFL)

I also think we have the worst match day tactics! We have for a while. We don’t seem to change our game plan based on who we play. Bulldogs play different to Hawks, tigers etc. We always want to play ‘our game’ and teams with good game strategy ALWAYS beat us (dogs, Hawks, cats). We never change!

The dogs handball quickly out the back of a stoppage. Any chance we can block that? Ever? Once?

All coaching 101. Nothing to do with talent!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back