Review Good/Bad vs Western Bulldogs - Rd 20

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought we played ok in patches. I thought we would lose by 15 goals, so ended up better than I expected. Just shows how far behind the top sides we really are at the moment.

Our tackling was woeful today, so many times the dogs players broke our tackles with ease.

Sloane was good, Berg and Fog looked ok up forward. ROB had a solid game too.

A few cameos but no four quarter performances of note.

Thought Doedee was good. Murray, Butts, Fog, Berg all did some nice things. ROB broke even.

B. Smith is a really disappointing player. Needs to go when it's his turn, continues to take short steps when there is any hint of a contest.

I thought we played ok in patches. I thought we would lose by 15 goals, so ended up better than I expected. Just shows how far behind the top sides we really are at the moment.

Our tackling was woeful today, so many times the dogs players broke our tackles with ease.

Sloane was good, Berg and Fog looked ok up forward. ROB had a solid game too.
If we were that far off the top sides we wouldn't have beat two top 4 teams this year. Our worst performances have come against the middling clubs, they're the games we need to improve in if we want to start pushing finals again within the next couple of years.

A few cameos but no four quarter performances of note.

Thought Doedee was good. Murray, Butts, Fog, Berg all did some nice things. ROB broke even.

B. Smith is a really disappointing player. Needs to go when it's his turn, continues to take short steps when there is any hint of a contest.
Are we watching the same Brodie? His defensive work has been excellent this year and courage is never something he's been short of. Took a couple of nice intercept marks again today and was fine defensively. I honestly don't understand where your statement has come from.

I know everyone is going to going about the list, but there are players that are showing us they will be good players.

This is all about developing midfielders and midfield rotations. We really need to get more time into Berry and Pedlar.

And kicking forward, my gosh are we are awful.

Oh and tackling.

who do you want to move out of the midfield to get Berry and Pedlar in there. Noting Crouch likely back in a game or 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can I say, but it wouldn't be a surprise to anyone what played out today.

It's exactly as everyone predicted last week.

Weak midfield exposed.

3 midget forward line does not work.

Defence was besieged but did ok.

Lack of class and skills when the pressure is raised.

We are one of the worst teams in the competition with very little actual talent.

Coaches needed that win to justify ridiculous selections and so they can say "see we've made progress"
TBH given what's gone down at Hawthorn this week it would have been extremely difficult to lose that game.

If we were that far off the top sides we wouldn't have beat two top 4 teams this year. Our worst performances have come against the middling clubs, they're the games we need to improve in if we want to start pushing finals again within the next couple of years.

Melbourne have lost to more bottom 4 clubs than top 8 clubs and cats were average their first few weeks. Those wins aren't has awesome as they seem when you look a little deeper.

Coaches needed that win to justify ridiculous selections and so they can say "see we've made progress"
well with the number of kids we have blooded this year combined with not having Talia and Crouch all season and Lynch only for the back end, we have double the wins we had last year and may win another one before seasons end. That is progress when measured to last season and about where most of us would have seen where we were at

Remove this Banner Ad

Back