Good Call Bad Call 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Owies may only play as injury cover for the remainder of the season.
This is the year that we have clear talent on the list that move past him. If EH, Orazio, Motlop, Durdin and Martin are healthy they should all be playing ahead of him. Dependent on how Moir develops in the VFL has more physical tools but can understand Vossy going with the veteran in big games so 2024/25 is more likely.
At the end of 2024, we'll need to delist minimum 4-5 players from our senior list to make way for the Campo twins, promoting Boyd from the rookie list (we have to either promote or delist him), and at least one other spot for a trade/FA.

When you go through OOC players at the end of the year, Owies likely won't be on the senior list in 2025.

GC/BC

At the end of 2024, we'll need to delist minimum 4-5 players from our senior list to make way for the Campo twins, promoting Boyd from the rookie list (we have to either promote or delist him), and at least one other spot for a trade/FA.

When you go through OOC players at the end of the year, Owies likely won't be on the senior list in 2025.

GC/BC

Sad but unfortunately likely true call.

We've reached the time that the hard calls happen yearly (been there for a year or so now but even harder now).

Owies, Marchy, Fogarty (as crucial as he is right now), Cuningham, Durdin/Carroll/Cottrell.

There's 5. All of them viable contenders for senior selection. Owies likely the most fringe of them all.

No easy cuts on the OOC list.

I do not envy Austin and team.

GC/BC
Conservative call, incoming tough calls

At least 7 changes to our overall list call

Which is why the MSD is going to be interesting having 2 list spots available.

Do we bring in a mature age player ready to plug and play if we have more injuries in the 2nd half of the season, or bring in a young player with an eye to the future? Or both?

Because that means we'll have 1 or 2 extra players on the list the end of the year. In Austin we trust though.

Wishful call, stranded on an island with hanks call

Boyd to feature in our top 10 BnF

GC BC?
Safe call, I would hazard a guess it will be at the back end of the top ten. While he is improving, not sure he will crack the top 5.

Not sure we're in a list build position to make 7 changes. It almost feels like a 2-4 list change off season coming up.

Safe call, I would hazard a guess it will be at the back end of the top ten. While he is improving, not sure he will crack the top 5.

Not sure we're in a list build position to make 7 changes. It almost feels like a 2-4 list change off season coming up.
ffs, you can't gc/bc unless you leave your own...........

So when Weiterbot and Marchy come back it seems a couple will be squeezed out of our back 6.
Young seems the obvious one for Weiters, so who goes out for Marchy.
Do we swing Gov fwd to play the 3rd tall JSOS roll?
This is premised on the fact i have no confidence in Jack Martin being a reliable contributor (due to his constant injuries, not talent)
Or do we experiment with Kemp in the roll?

So when Weiterbot and Marchy come back it seems a couple will be squeezed out of our back 6.
This is premised on the fact i have no confidence in Jack Martin being a reliable contributor (due to his constant injuries, not talent)
IMO its Kemp that can be relied upon, Marchy you cant. If it were up to me he'd be no certainty to come straight in.
While youre at it, who goes out for Walsh, Martin and Motts when they are ready?
Motts for Owies?
Walsh for Cincotta for Doc?
Marting for Cunningham?

IMO its Kemp that can be relied upon, Marchy you cant. If it were up to me he'd be no certainty to come straight in.
While youre at it, who goes out for Walsh, Martin and Motts when they are ready?
Motts for Owies?
Walsh for Cincotta for Doc?
Marting for Cunningham?

Both of these are ‘didn’t realise the format of the thread’ calls.

Harry is in the best half dozen players in the comp right now.

Good call/bad call ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both of these are ‘didn’t realise the format of the thread’ calls.

Harry is in the best half dozen players in the comp right now.

Good call/bad call ?
Big call, insightful call, long straight drop punt call.
Kemp is tracking to be a very good backman. Good call, Bad call?

Big call, insightful call, long straight drop punt call.
Kemp is tracking to be a very good backman. Good call, Bad call?
Good call.

He has the traits, size and skill to be a very good Backman.

The things he needs to improve on like decision making, composure with the ball in hand and playing the percentages as a defender will come with experience.

Jack Carroll will play every game this year. GC/BC?

I want aggressive list management.7 to 10 changes I am not sure we have premiership class all over the ground. This side has the smell of our 1993 runner up side (Athorn, Powell). Carlton recruited hard in 94/95. Although, our current outs make a big difference.

Bad Call, as much as I love them as players, they will struggle to make the team. At best, I think Gov may get the closest.

Pies start the season 0 and 4, yet still make the finals.
fair call, begrudging call, bloke can coach call.

jack darling is cooked - good call bad call?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back