Good Call on Liam Jones from my 2012 Review.

bigboysdontcry

All Australian
Apr 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just found my 2012 Review...Cracked it after some terrible games and took it out on the list.....

Review - Road to Success

Ok, we are kidding ourselves if we believe that we will be contenders in the next 3-4 years. We need to start planning for the future and make some tough calls. It's been a while since I've seen us play consistent turn over football. We have no Forward structure what so ever and need a complete rebuild by the years end. Otherwise, we can sit back and minor change the list and continue to struggle for years.

Addison, Dylan - Like his commitment, however, Prefer to move him on at years end.

Boyd, Matthew - One of best players, won't be apart of future success although we be a good leader for future Captains Wallis/Liberatore.

Cooney, Adam - Can't do much with him. Take a massive pay cut and keep him around as experience and a small forward for the future.

Cordy, Ayce - Play him as a backman, won't be a superstar but will hold down a position in a successful side as he improves.

Cross, Daniel - Like the guy but needs to be traded at the end of the year for a 3rd/4th Rounder. End of an era for a lot of those blokes in his age group.

Dahlhaus, Luke - Gun, one of the best pick ups over the past few years. Will be one of the better players in years to come.

Dickson, Tory - Not too sure about Tory. Need to see more of him.

Djerrkura, Nathan - I'm not a big fan although is showing a little more than most. Would keep him around as a backup option.

Giansiracusa, Daniel - One of the players that we need to make a tough call on. No positives to keep him around for on field success. Shake hands at years end and move him on. Delist/Trade

Gilbee, Lindsay - Should of been delisted last year. Won't be part of any future plans for success.

Grant, Jarrad - We all need to get over that he'll never be a star that we all hoped. No value in trading him and is young, need to hold on to him for now.

Griffen, Ryan - Our best player. Still young and need to build the midfield around him. A grader of the very few we have.

Hargrave, Ryan - Thanks for the service- Delist

Higgins, Shaun - Frustrating player. Really thought he was going to be a star of the competition. Won't get much if we trade him. Needs to play in the forward line and work on his 2nd/3rd efforts.

Hill, Tom - Heard some good things about him. Give him a go this year. Can't do much worse than the others up forward.

Hooper, Andrew - Delist

Howard, Christian - Believe we all over rate him. Personally don't think he'll be a star. Need to see more of him.

Jones, Liam - Really want to see him play CHB- Awkward kick for goal and will never really damage teams on kicking ability. Potential to become a great CHB.
Lake, Brian - No real positive for future plans. Can't get nothing for him at years end. Play him forward when possible so we can use Jones back.

Liberatore, Thomas - Will be part of our elite midfield in years to come. Play him week in week out.

Markovic, Lukas - His a real competitor although will never be part of a successful Premiership side. Backup

Minson, William - Might be worth some value at the end of the year to a team like GWS/G.C . Might be worth a trade for a 2nd Rounder.

Moles, Brodie - Didn't realise he was even on the list. Never really gets a go. Thought he did ok when given an opportunity.

Morris, Dale - Sad to say, Don't think he will be around when we are ready for success. Love the bloke and will stay at the club until his body can't go on. Hope his back on the track soon.

Mulligan, James - Delist

Murphy, Robert - Still think he has another 2-3 years of good football left in him. May be our Craig Bradley. One of the better players each week. Hope he can hang in there when we are ready to take the step up.

Panos, Matthew - Should be given a go this year. Nothing to lose. Need to find out more about the bloke to see if he can handle AFL.

Pearce, Daniel - ???

Picken, Liam - Keep him as a tagger

Roberts, Fletcher - ?

Roughead, Jordan - Will be our number 1 Ruckman, Think he will improve to become a good solid player.

Sherman, Justin - Adds speed to our midfield - Still fairly young. Part of the future.

Skinner, Zephaniah - Still not sure on him. Seems to go missing on reports i have heard and doesnt work hard enough.

Smith, Clay - Will be a good player. Very young and will play a big part of our elite midfield.

Talia, Michael - heard good reports. Needs to play games this year.

Tutt, Jason - Really got high hopes for this bloke. Hope to see him this year as I think he'll play a big part if the bulldogs will succeed in the coming years.

Veszpremi, Patrick - Still unsure on Pat, Need to see more of him this year.

Wallis, Mitchell - Will be part of our new era to take the bulldogs to the top.

Williams, Tom L. - Still have hopes for Tom. Believe he will still be around for our next hit at the top.

Wood, Easton - This bloke can frustrate me also. I see potential in him but does let me down with decision making and basic skill errors. Really has a go and I'm sure he can improve to be around for success.

Campbell, Tom - I'm going to add this bloke in here from the Rookie list. Really think we can persist with him this year as a full forward marking tall while Jones learns to become a CHB. Think Campbell should be given go this and believe he may become a surprise packet for the future.

Hopefully we can receive 2 Top 10 draft picks this year to really set us up for the future.

I think our future midfield looks very bright but really need to find a Forward key position prospect and Solid Key Back. Try and use a 2nd round pick on a Ruckman. The club needs to make tough calls and a total rebuild is the only way to succeed.

Wow you're a genius. Is that what you wanted from posting this?
Only if you ignore pretty the assessment of about 2/3s of the other players.

murphy2bedabest

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2003
On the final table-ALL IN
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Man U and Melbourne Storm
can't compete in 3-4 years, played finals 3 years later and won the flag 4 years later.

boyd and morris not apart of our future success, boyd was AA and well how about that tackle on buddy ?

Griffen gun A Grader, but no mention of him walking out

Roberts ? premiership CHB thank you, I seemed to be the first to see Roberts worth. ;)

Wood, premiership captain

Cooney Higgins Lake and Minson spot on and well done on Jones

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There's some seriously shocking predictions going on there but well done on the Jones call. Three good games,amazing for the big sooky sook.
Carlton fans are going to be unbearable if they start winning. Their supporters are starting to carry on already and they've only progressed to honourable loses and are still pretty much on the bottom of the ladder.

bigboysdontcry

All Australian
Apr 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
can't compete in 3-4 years, played finals 3 years later and won the flag 4 years later.

boyd and morris not apart of our future success, boyd was AA and well how about that tackle on buddy ?

Griffen gun A Grader, but no mention of him walking out

Roberts ? premiership CHB thank you, I seemed to be the first to see Roberts worth. ;)

Wood, premiership captain

Cooney Higgins Lake and Minson spot on and well done on Jones

Just goes to show, A lot can change in footy pretty quick. Forums are made for doom and gloom.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
Maybe he needed a run in the ruck...

Robert-Walls.jpg

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
Seems Bevo subscribes to this theory regularly

Bont, Jong, Dunkley, Toyd, Red, Cloke, Cordy etc all get thrown in there

6 of those 7 have been a complete disaster.

In fact I might be in a minority by saying Roughead has been, at best, average to poor in that role aswell.

Back