Good chess players needed urgently for Blues team in Bigfooty comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 11, 2008
Up high
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi,
Some of you might have seen that there is a new Bigfooty chess club, which is helping to fill the void with no footy going on. The club is going gangbusters, and is launching a new competition in June where you represent your AFL club against others playing for theirs. I’m currently the top rated Carlton player, but sadly I’m just not good enough to take on the best that some of the other teams can muster. Hawthorn and Collingwood have elite players. West Coast, Brisbane and Richmond have me covered too.

My current chess rating is around 1500, which I think puts me around the top 10% of the 36 million competition players in my chosen online chess forum, but Hawkage and Knightmare, for example, are both rated well over 2000. Which means I’ll get smashed. Think Matthew Watson standing Gaz senior.

Blues men and women, we need help! If there are any budding maestros or retired champs out there in Blues land, step forward now! Your club’s honour is at stake!!!

Commitment is only one 10 minute game per week.

The games are played on chess.com, and you can play there for free although lots opt for a paid premium membership with better content.

If interested, reply below, PM me, or go to the chess club thread and sign up there. Sign up closes end of May.

Last edited:
Hi,
Some of you might have seen that there is a new Bigfooty chess club, which is helping to fill the void with no footy going on. The club is going gangbusters, and is launching a new competition in June where you represent your AFL club against others playing for theirs. I’m currently the top rated Carlton player, but sadly I’m just not good enough to take on the best that some of the other teams can muster. Hawthorn and Collingwood have elite players. West Coast, Brisbane and Richmond have me covered too.

My current chess rating is around 1500, which I think puts me around the top 10% of the 36 million competition players in my chosen online chess forum, but Hawkage and Knightmare, for example, are both rated well over 2000. Which means I’ll get smashed. Think Matthew Watson standing Gaz senior.

Blues men and women, we need help! If there are any budding maestros or retired champs out there in Blues land, step forward now! Your club’s honour is at stake!!!

Commitment is only one 10 minute game per week.

The games are played on chess.com, and you can play there for free although lots opt for a paid premium membership with better content.

If interested, reply below, PM me, or go to the chess club thread and sign up there. Sign up closes end of May.
C'mon guys and gals, no response at all! There must be some talent out there in Blues land. Even 1200 will do. Stand up and be counted, please??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m s**t at chess, it makes me want to punch pompous pricks who beat me in the face. Twice.
So I garden, it’s much more zen like.
fu** chess.
Flowers are pretty.

Oh, and all the best in the tournament Eso.
I garden too, but I’m s**t at that :) Good luck with the pretty flowers.

Maybe! Pix?

c8a9c30de18d9acd7f2a1458f9bfbc03.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back