Good Friday 2017...how would you feel...

Remove this Banner Ad

I would suggest if a mob of us large enough forms to burn down AFL House with Gillon McLaughlin inside it, the cops would find it very difficult to pin the very needed deed on any individual.

I don't no, the AFL has f***ed up the ASADA trial, scheduling of games, constant rule changes, the free agency system, they wouldn't f*** the Good Friday game we have been pushing for 25 years now would they??

Last edited by a moderator:
In all seriouslyness, have the friggin Bulldogs ever had an original idea? It's appalling.
Leeching off the success and work of everyone around them.
There are reasons I despise them so much. Barry Hall and Rodney Eade among the top 10 ...

If the AFL do that, they aren't robbing us, they are robbing the sick kids that we would be playing for. There was a rumour if that if we played Carlton on the Good Friday that 500k would be donated to the Good Friday appeal.

In all seriouslyness, have the friggin Bulldogs ever had an original idea? It's appalling.
I thought it was great how the Bulldogs were first out of the blocks and showed great initiative to don their Indigenous Guernsey last round in support of Adam Goodes. Oh wait, that's right. They copied Richmond. :stern look

If the AFL do that, they aren't robbing us, they are robbing the sick kids that we would be playing for. There was a rumour if that if we played Carlton on the Good Friday that 500k would be donated to the Good Friday appeal.
cant play carlton on good friday coz they will always play richmond the day before on the thursday. the so called season opener blockbuster - lol carlton > blockbuster

Carlton getting smashed on Friday night football every second week has done us no favours..

If we have any chance we need the donation story to grow legs via social media to embarrass the AFL into allowing us and Carlton/anyone else to have it.

I don't no, the AFL has f***ed up the ASADA trial, scheduling of games, constant rule changes, the free agency system, they wouldn't f*** the Good Friday game we have been pushing for 25 years now would they??
Sorry to go OT Elroo but I love ur avatar. In fact I bought an original framed pic from a deceased estate in Brisbane about 5 years ago for $103.
One of my more astute purchases!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

simpsons_torch_mob-e1297270050635.jpg

If it was the Swans and the Bulldogs that played...
I've heard a whisper...

it makes no sense for them to play, needs to be a connection with the Children's hospital otherwise its pointless and will just turn into another afl game. Surely the AFL are smarter then that and will put the correct team on North vs Carlton

cant play carlton on good friday coz they will always play richmond the day before on the thursday. the so called season opener blockbuster - lol carlton > blockbuster
The only reason Carlton is in the picture is because we are the 2 clubs closest to the children's hospital.

Carlton getting smashed on Friday night football every second week has done us no favours..

If we have any chance we need the donation story to grow legs via social media to embarrass the AFL into allowing us and Carlton/anyone else to have it.
Brayshaw has tried pushing the donation angle but the AFL big dogs being the snobs they are, Brayshaw and the club gets cut off at square 1.

Yeah, disgusted but not surprised.

I'll go against the grain and say I admire a lot of what the Dogs have done to promote community engagement - not Ballarat, still cross about that, but other stuff - and I'd be less cross now than I would have been a while ago if it was North v Dogs instead of Carlton. Blues beng junk, and all. But for NMFC to be sidelined? Would be a disgrace.

Would feel supremely pissed off - but completely unsurprised.

If the rumour is true I suspect this would be a two for one deal with the AFL.

Avoid being seen as competition to the RCH appeal in Melbourne market.
Attempt to establish an actual blockbuster in the NSW market - suspect this would be played in Sydney.

Only problem with all that (besides the obvious and predictable shafting of us) is that I don't think the NSW market has a blank slate on Good Friday such as Victoria does. As far as I know AFL are the only competition that has been fundamentally against this event.

Can I ask why they would choose WB over us? We're both clubs of roughly the same size, supporter-wise except we came up with the idea and have been pushing it for 25 years? If it was to go to Carlton or Richmond or a club with a big supporter base I'd understand. But why on earth would they choose the dogs over us?

Bulldogs v Swans makes no sense.

Where will the game be held?

If the Bulldogs host, it won't draw a crowd.

If Sydney hosts, how would it positively affect the Good Friday appeal in Melbourne, when the game is being held in another state?

Would be madness, but not surprising from the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back