Good Friday 2017...how would you feel...

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was betting it would be on North v "have to reward originators except if we arrived late" Dogs. Shame if Carlton misses out but the timing with their regular season opener makes it hard for another special slot (although again the "share it round" rule only arrives after Pies, Tigers and * get two each). The general sense seems to be the feel-good factor would be stronger if they give the opportunity to two of the not-big clubs, and there is a bit of a growing rivalry that doesn't hurt between North and Everyone's Second Team (TM).

I note that when Caro was interviewed this morning on 3AW she said North was still in the mix.

She also suggested in the article that Geelong had been "working hard behind the scenes to play on Good Friday."

Apparently Geelong, who play the Easter Monday blockbuster at the 'G' every year against Hawthorn are pushing to play 3 days earlier.

If I didn't know better, this article by Caro is a bit of publicity smoke leaked by the AFL before they announce the inevitable North Melbourne vs Carlton Good Friday game next week.

She also suggested in the article that Geelong had been "working hard behind the scenes to play on Good Friday."

Apparently Geelong, who play the Easter Monday blockbuster at the 'G' every year against Hawthorn are pushing to play 3 days earlier.

If I didn't know better, this article by Caro is a bit of publicity smoke leaked by the AFL before they announce the inevitable North Melbourne vs Carlton Good Friday game next week.

Can only hope you have the good word TISM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like you might have some inside mail here, Handsome. One can only SPECulate as to whom your source might be.

I note that when Caro was interviewed this morning on 3AW she said North was still in the mix.

But she did say "it would be great if St kilda and the doggies get it"
- GAGF why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back