Good Friday 2017...how would you feel...

I think it should be a rotation between say the Nth, dogs, saints and Blues, different combination depending on who's going ok any given year. Unlike ANZAC day which is the domain of just 2 clubs which is very unfair.

Nah, i would like tomthink that the two teams that have been pushing it for ages could get it and make it their own. we know the afl wont let that happen, unless your collingwood, essendon or richmond.
it should be north vs the blues.
for once, maybe the dogs can think of something on their own.
(but the afl will for sure hand them this too)

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you think the AFL should just call this the Bob Murphy cup? Surely that would enable the game to be played on Good Friday without opposition to it like there has been for the last 20 years? Folks that's where we screwed up.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

HT the NSW Roo

Draftee
Sep 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Georgia Dawgs
Would love Good Friday footy and would probably travel down from Sydney for it if North are playing. The bum sniffers have had GF footy for as long as I can remember and it's been a roaring success (Souffs/Canterbury fixture consistently gets 40k+ which is unheard of in RL).

Read something a while back intimating that we're no certainty to play on Good Friday if it goes ahead, despite lobbying for the fixture for the last 20-25 years.

If that's the case and we don't end up playing the inaugural GF fixture, this would just reaffirm City Hall's status as pricks with an anti-North agenda

ROORAGE

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2007
The Black Lodge
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would love Good Friday footy and would probably travel down from Sydney for it if North are playing. The bum sniffers have had GF footy for as long as I can remember and it's been a roaring success (Souffs/Canterbury fixture consistently gets 40k+ which is unheard of in RL).

Read something a while back intimating that we're no certainty to play on Good Friday if it goes ahead, despite lobbying for the fixture for the last 20-25 years.

If that's the case and we don't end up playing the inaugural GF fixture, this would just reaffirm City Hall's status as pricks with an anti-North agenda

How would I feel? Unprecedented RAGE. It's ours and the blues. solely ours. But with muppet McLaughlin the saints supporter at the helm, the same bloke who was right behind the push to eradicate us, it'll likely be anyone BUT us. If this does not go our way it is definitive proof the sports governing body hold the same venomous anti North agenda that the wider media have been spruiking for years.

I've heard a whisper it's NM v WB

Caro declared it as a dead certainty for 2017's fixture and she's usually on the money with AFL leaks. She added that it won't be like Anzac Day and locked in with the same two teams forever though. She said we are a lock for Good Friday footy.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
I have been slightly pro Nth v Carlton on the prior claim basis, but to be honest it would be enormous if North and Dogs got this and really ran with it, proving a blockbuster doesn't have to be in the gift of the bigger clubs, it's about the event and the quality of the football - like Easter Monday but making an even bigger point, and with more community spirit.

I have been slightly pro Nth v Carlton on the prior claim basis, but to be honest it would be enormous if North and Dogs got this and really ran with it, proving a blockbuster doesn't have to be in the gift of the bigger clubs, it's about the event and the quality of the football - like Easter Monday but making an even bigger point, and with more community spirit.

Me too. I've felt for a long time that the AFL has become too blockbuster beholden and it has cheapened the product. I think if the "big" games were sometimes a once a year event they'd be even bigger. Also think the competition as a whole is stronger if it builds up all of it's teams.

Caro declared it as a dead certainty for 2017's fixture and she's usually on the money with AFL leaks. She added that it won't be like Anzac Day and locked in with the same two teams forever though. She said we are a lock for Good Friday footy.

BTW, Caro declared this tonight on 3AW and said it will be public knowledge late next week when details are released.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

ROORAGE

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2007
The Black Lodge
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't trust muppet McLaughlin as far as I can spit, but please, please let it be so. Don't care who it's against right now, should be blues IMO but as long as we're involved...otherwise I will seriously blow a gasket

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great if we get G.F but not so great if it is rotated. It will be a token gesture from Giligan because we have been fighting for it for so long. But then just as quickly taken of us the following year.. :thumbsdown:

If that's how they go with it then it's a disgrace. They should also rotate Anzac Day if that's the case.

* I'd be willing to do some nasty s**t if Gill *s us on this.

I'm taking bags of s**t on his door step

Back