Good Friday 2017...how would you feel...

Remove this Banner Ad

So the AFL gives us half of what we requsted. So the next Anzac Day game can be Pies v GWS.

If it is to be shared around I'd rather not have it at all. Would just make the club look ridiculous. Either give it to two clubs or share other rounds such as the opening game.

If like to see North start something along the lines of Opening Day that they do so well in baseball. Make it a Saturday arvo plenty of music and food/drink and have a parade of retired players along with hall of fame inductees from the previous year.

Imagine Petrie, Boomer, Spud, Dal and the HOF blokes like Schwass Etc been wheeled around pregame. Hand out 20k mini flags, blue or white towels for the supporters to wave around (white if we are getting a hiding I guess) and make it a great day no supporter can miss.

Etihad is literally a proper home ground now, so many opportunities.

Caro declared it as a dead certainty for 2017's fixture and she's usually on the money with AFL leaks. She added that it won't be like Anzac Day and locked in with the same two teams forever though. She said we are a lock for Good Friday footy.
There's the catch won't be locked in permanently.
Talk about disdain for smaller clubs.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Maybe the AFL will meet us half way :p. Permanent fixture for us and rotated opponent each year ? :rolleyes::D.
Yea I was going to suggest we play the premier every year. That way Richmond and Carlton can ways have their season opener when it's inline with Easter calender became they'll not be premiers in my lifetime.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

If it is to be shared around I'd rather not have it at all. Would just make the club look ridiculous. Either give it to two clubs or share other rounds such as the opening game.

If like to see North start something along the lines of Opening Day that they do so well in baseball. Make it a Saturday arvo plenty of music and food/drink and have a parade of retired players along with hall of fame inductees from the previous year.

Imagine Petrie, Boomer, Spud, Dal and the HOF blokes like Schwass Etc been wheeled around pregame. Hand out 20k mini flags, blue or white towels for the supporters to wave around (white if we are getting a hiding I guess) and make it a great day no supporter can miss.

Etihad is literally a proper home ground now, so many opportunities.
Nice ideas. Both North and the Dogs do a lot with local communities, it could be an awesome festival atmosphere.

And it's better to have it any which way, then you have the chance to prove it's a winner and they have to find a reason to take it away.

I'm with you guys against it being rotated. If it's the Dogs and Roos keep it as the Dogs and Roos until you start rotating the season opener (glorious tradition it is:rolleyes:) Easter Monday, Queens Birthday, Dreamtime at the G and of course ANZAC Day. Since the latter won't happen the former should happen.

Good. We will crucify them!
religion-god-lightning-lightning_bolts-caddie-golf-mbcn1419_low.jpg

I think it should be a rotation between say the Nth, dogs, saints and Blues, different combination depending on who's going ok any given year. Unlike ANZAC day which is the domain of just 2 clubs which is very unfair.
Use that theory and put Freemantle into that equation........thinking they should be red hot this year. Wouldnt have worked too well this year then huh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back