King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
Windy Hill Safe Injecting Room
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
As long as they keep it one opponent.

Why are WE the only club that gets its blockbuster screwed around with like this?
We also have to demonstrate endless promotion of it, put on a show and justify its charitable merits each year.

I take the Richmond & Carlton annual opener and Melbourne's little Queen's Birthday money spinner are reviewed in a similar way each season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heaps of fun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tbh I'd prefer playing the Dogs early
We should play them twice every year. Feel like we've had a good rivalry going over the past decade, a lot of close matches with a genuine animosity. Both small clubs in the same general area of Melbourne. Now they've got a second flag and a list with a genuine shot at a third they're on their way to being spoken about in the same breath as us too. The AFL won't realise this but they've got a great opportunity to build two crowd-drawing fixtures that will help even up the competition in terms of stadium revenue and media attention. Their next great idea will probably be a Carlton vs Collingwood permanent round 2 fixture celebrating the autumn solstice.

muttley45

Premium Gold
May 4, 2009
North Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Indianapolis Colts
By this stage of the season, if we start well v Saints and Brisbane, a good performance will be extremely valuable to the club for recruiting too, I want to see us establish "our" brand of footy right from the get go, and bring it consistently, anywhere, anytime, v anyone, go Roo's

Heaps of fun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
By this stage of the season, if we start well v Saints and Brisbane, a good performance will be extremely valuable to the club for recruiting too, I want to see us establish "our" brand of footy right from the get go, and bring it consistently, anywhere, anytime, v anyone, go Roo's
I know it didn't work the first time but I still think this could work: bash Bont.

Wild Kangaroo

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Torino, Italy, Melb Storm
On a side note, mate, how can you be supporting Juve and Torino at the same time? Isn't it like supporting North and Essendon?
I've given up on Juve, their heads to far up their a**ses. To interested in buying foreigners instead of concentrating on their own.
Torino are working class and frustrating just like North. ;-)

FlyHigh18

All Australian
May 8, 2017
North Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Interesting decision, this could mean * are going to be given the new Thursday Blockbuster Sheeds has been begging for. Hope they get nothing although I would have preferred a chance to redeem ourselves.

Making this a regular North v Bulldogs Game on the other hand just makes more logical sense.

Top Bottom