Good Friday 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Anzac Day isn’t that close to Easter very often, especially not like this year where they had to fit in around a Wednesday game.

I looked and there's at least five days between (maybe four, but I think five) for the next six or seven years.

I looked and there's at least five days between (maybe four, but I think five) for the next six or seven years.
I think we might be be viewing the same situation from different angles.

Because Anzac day was on a Wednesday this year, Collingwood and * had to play on Thursday or Friday the previous round to avoid a 4-day break. They aren't going to schedule 2 Thursday or 2 Friday games, so one of them plays on each of those days. This year it happened that both Easter was very late in its possible timing and that the 25th was a Wednesday. Which is very rare. So we got * as a side-effect of Anzac Day, not particularly as them muscling in on Good Friday. No reason to keep it like that for the long term, though I suspect they probably will.

I think we might be be viewing the same situation from different angles.

Because Anzac day was on a Wednesday this year, Collingwood and * had to play on Thursday or Friday the previous round to avoid a 4-day break. They aren't going to schedule 2 Thursday or 2 Friday games, so one of them plays on each of those days. This year it happened that both Easter was very late in its possible timing and that the 25th was a Wednesday. Which is very rare. So we got * as a side-effect of Anzac Day, not particularly as them muscling in on Good Friday. No reason to keep it like that for the long term, though I suspect they probably will.

We are arguing same think I think.

Using the below, the AFL can feasibly keep it us and them without any real possibility of a clash until 2030.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back