Good Friday 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is just a few ideas for next year Good Friday if the North Melbourne are involved .
1:play Essendon again.
2:play the VFL as a curtain raiser before the main game which can be shown on seven 2 with RCH appeal advertising going on as the game .
3:Get an well known Australian music act to play before the game.
4:Then play the main game.
Tell us what you think maybe have your own ideas.

All I can say is "Bye Bye Brad Scott thread ver.10"will be flamed with our anger this time next year.

Last edited:
I think Bombers are the perfect fit. I loved the lead up to the game and to me it definitely had that big game feel on the day vs the lead up to the Dogs and Saints games.

I’m definitely a yes for Essendon.

I’m probably the only one but I couldn’t care less if we play Good Friday or not. What’s the big deal about it anyway? Stilll only worth 4 points and that’s all that matters to me!
It's all off field:
- It guarantees the club a Friday game
- The weekend's game had just had a crowd of 50K which will probably be the highest for the next couple of years
- Guarantees a game on FTA
- Is a good look for the club from a PR perspective to be tied to the RCH
- If given time to grow, i.e. if we will play Essendon for the next 5 years it will easily become our marquee game

I sincerely hope we get it in 2020 but based off of Friday's performance I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL shafted us.

As much as I hate Essendon getting another blockbuster I think it's the right fit for Us vs Them.

We've had 1 bad loss in 3 years, surely you can't use that as a reason to take the day off us? Oh, I forgot, this is the AFL they're looking for an excuse.

This is just a few ideas for next year Good Friday if the North Melbourne are involved .
2:play the VFL as a curtain raiser before the main game which can be shown on seven 2 with RCH appeal advertising going on as the game .

My idea is that you should NEVER type that putrid word again on this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* #3 off completely. Its bad enough on GF day. A curtain-raiser would be good, but the Docklands surface still needs protection so I don't see the AFL allowing it because other clubs will then start demanding the same thing.

fu** #3 off completely. Its bad enough on GF day. A curtain-raiser would be good, but the Docklands surface still needs protection so I don't see the AFL allowing it because other clubs will then start demanding the same thing.

The Lordo-Carey shoot out was half interesting but I had the brazen bits so didn’t care..maybe they could do that before the game

Maybe Carey can re-enact when he had five of them on top of him and he just hulked them?

fu** #3 off completely. Its bad enough on GF day. A curtain-raiser would be good, but the Docklands surface still needs protection so I don't see the AFL allowing it because other clubs will then start demanding the same thing.
More then likely yes but for a special event which it is for the AFL , the clubs involved and the RCH plus if there’s a chance to make more $$$ for the kids by having a 2nds game on before hand to get the crowd up and going before the big game I don’t think the AFL won’t mind.
Mind you if the AFL doesn’t do it then they should ban all 2nds game or any other special game that other co tenets of Marvel want to play there.
Plus as a North supporter I wouldn’t care if Essendon was the home team and we can share the home game status like they do with Scumwood on Anzac day

Plus as a North supporter I wouldn’t care if Essendon was the home team and we can share the home game status like they do with Scumwood on Anzac day

I take it you're not a reserved seat holder. There's a big difference between preemo membership wing seats on Lvl 1 and 2, and sitting up in the nose bleeds behind the goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back