Expansion Good Friday Football is here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Likely uncompetitive is less speculative than proven (Blues).

At the end of the day, the Dogs should get this game permanently for various reasons.
North are a given.

Blues certainly unlucky, but whoring a game out will just lead to fail.

If the Blues were even slightly decent onfield, they'd have a right to position for twice as many blockbusters as the Dogs.

Reason why Brayshaw wants Blues is because of our supporter base, he even said it

10 years from now if Dogs are 14 and NMFC are 15. Can these 2 clubs get 50,000 at Etihad for a blockbuster?

Reason why Brayshaw wants Blues is because of our supporter base, he even said it

10 years from now if Dogs are 14 and NMFC are 15. Can these 2 clubs get 50,000 at Etihad for a blockbuster?

Might as well just hand it to Eddie then.

There's no doubt that Carlton could bring an extra few K to the games but good Friday isn't just about the bottom line for the AFL.

Membership at North and the Dogs have been steadily increasing. The rise of the Dogs should continue for a while yet.

If equalization is on the agenda, the AFL should build the game around 2 sides without blockbusters.

There would be plenty of activity and charity orientated events to enable teams to build it up.

The Bulldogs were a shell of what they currently are when Gregg Swann and Brayshaw had discussions about this.

Good Friday football and Carlton Football club....

Ethically, morally, hygienically...it makes no sense.

So you can pick if a game will be terrible in advanced? Blues v Hawks in tassie was a great game this year. A couple of poor turn overs cost the Blues nearly causing a boil over.

Roos v Dogs will still be better than the rubbish Ess and Coll usually dish up on Anazc day.

Now you're predicting Anzac Day will be more boring than Good Friday yet I can't predict anything?
Based on the Roos v Dogs games this year it will be boring defensive rubbish.
Not all predictions are right but you can usually get a good idea of what will go down. The Roos are in rebuild mode, the Dogs are not so chances are it's going to be a blowout.

Now you're predicting Anzac Day will be more boring than Good Friday yet I can't predict anything?
Based on the Roos v Dogs games this year it will be boring defensive rubbish.
Not all predictions are right but you can usually get a good idea of what will go down. The Roos are in rebuild mode, the Dogs are not so chances are it's going to be a blowout.
I have years and years of history. When was the last decent Anzac day game? 2001?

Finally it may happen, we've been living in the middle ages with an ever decreasing religious minority holding the AFL to moral blackmail. Its about time someone had the balls to do something about it.
True.
However, we are having double standards here.
Their should not be a holiday if religion is irrelevant.
So no Good Friday, no holiday.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

I have years and years of history. When was the last decent Anzac day game? 2001?

And history suggests that ANZAC Day produces some seriously good contests.

Though to answer your question, 2014, but if you want to be really picky, 2012.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Carlton? In 121 games you've got 50k 3 times with the last in 2011. And each of those 3 games you've relied on opposition bandwagons (Hawks x2 and Saints) turning up in droves.

The Carlton pulling power is a bit of a myth.

Let the dogs and north have it, but i think they will struggle to get strong crowds if both teams are not performing.

Personally id like the afl to make a stand on one aspect of these games. If you have a "blockbuster" that benefits from additional afl marketing dollars and a prime tv slot, you should have to return 50% of profits from the gate, and 100% of profits from themed merch to a charity. Id also like the afl, mcc, and c,7 to provide an appropriate amount too.

Always never liked we ride the benefit of the charities names, and yes this includes dreamtime

Let the dogs and north have it, but i think they will struggle to get strong crowds if both teams are not performing.

Personally id like the afl to make a stand on one aspect of these games. If you have a "blockbuster" that benefits from additional afl marketing dollars and a prime tv slot, you should have to return 50% of profits from the gate, and 100% of profits from themed merch to a charity. Id also like the afl, mcc, and c,7 to provide an appropriate amount too.

Always never liked we ride the benefit of the charities names, and yes this includes dreamtime

Why?

Clubs bust their arses to make these events a success because there is a retrun to be had.

Take away the return, what happens to the effort?

Why?

Clubs bust their arses to make these events a success because there is a retrun to be had.

Take away the return, what happens to the effort?

The clubs also get a massive benefit in exposure and profile, which helps sell memberships, corporate packages, and sponsorship

Lets not be greedy and hypocritical. We cant spout the virtues and wonders of the cause leading up to and at the game, and then hand over a cheque valued at a fraction of the money the game generates.

The clubs also get a massive benefit in exposure and profile, which helps sell memberships, corporate packages, and sponsorship

Lets not be greedy and hypocritical. We cant spout the virtues and wonders of the cause leading up to and at the game, and then hand over a cheque valued at a fraction of the money the game generates.

We can do what we please, so long as the organisation in question is ok with it.

The RSL for example LOVES the Anzac Day Clash.

We can do what we please, so long as the organisation in question is ok with it.

The RSL for example LOVES the Anzac Day Clash.

Werent there reports earlier this year that the rsl is concerned about the share of revenue they are getting from the game?

True.
However, we are having double standards here.
Their should not be a holiday if religion is irrelevant.
So no Good Friday, no holiday.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Christianity stole it's holiday dates from the pagans.

I guess that cake is only for religious people.

What charities do we ride the benefit on good Friday and Easter Monday exactly? Plus the ANZAC Day clash already gives to the RSL.

Christianity stole it's holiday dates from the pagans.

I guess that cake is only for religious people.

What charities do we ride the benefit on good Friday and Easter Monday exactly? Plus the ANZAC Day clash already gives to the RSL.

Good friday is a no brainer - childrens hospital

I think both the anzac and dreamtime game are giving less than they should

Remove this Banner Ad

Back