Preview Good Friday football - Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles @ Optus Stadium

Who will kick the goal after the siren to win the match?

• Luke Shuey

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Jeremy McGovern

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Dom Sheed

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Jack Watts on crutches, celebrates by snorting a line of wiesn pulver in the goal square

Votes: 42 59.2%

• Total voters
Prelude

Good Friday. A day of solemn reflection. On this day, for the very first time, we will play a game of football. But not just any game of football. This is much more than just a game of football. This is an opportunity to reflect on the life and times of our Lord and Saviour John Butcher, who died and was delisted for our sins.

His life and times are documented in the legendary thread simply and elegantly entitled 'Butcher'. Sentenced to death by Pontius Hinkley, believers commemorate His death on this day each year. His sacrifice is a reminder to all of the importance of developing and playing tall forwards.

Whilst He is no longer with us, pilgrims making the trip to Optus Stadium this Good Friday will graciously commemorate His contributions to the Port Adelaide Football Club and hope and pray that He will one day come again in all of His glory to save us all from the damned hell that we are currently living in. Praise oh great one, we are not worthy of your sacrifice.

Easter-Jesus-crucifixion-facts-939822.jpg

Match preview

After a disastrous - albeit relatively predictable - defeat against Richmond, we travel west to take on the reigning premiers in the first of our three Friday night games in a row. It doesn't come tougher than this. A strong opponent in front of a hostile crowd. Nowhere to hide. So what can we expect?

my-prediction-pain.jpg

The positive for us is that this game isn't at Adelaide Oval, if you know what I mean (which you all do). There's no point doing an in depth preview because we all know what's going to happen. Damage limitation is the order of the day.

Prediction

Eagles by 119 Jeremy McGovern intercept marks.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Keen to load up on McGovern to get 30+ disposals.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
I can see it now. Todd Marshall will kick a bag in the SANFL tomorrow be rushed in to play on Jeremy McGovern, get absolutely pantsed in a 10 goal plus loss and never been seen at AFL level again this season.

Sports bet write me a ticket and I’ll put everything I own on it.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Good Friday football - Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles @ Optus Stadium

This game will be a CALVARY to watch. I suspect "Good Friday" is short for "Terrible Horrible Very Bad No Good Friday."

Good Friday... TO WHOM?!
We're gonna get ******* wrecked. blunderbowels and Co. will argue that their lord & saviour is not to blame.
Nothing will change. The circle of life.
Beginning-of-the-circle-of-life-in-The-Lion-King.jpg
Hakuna Matata, mate...

Hakuna Matata! It is the only way to keep moving on...

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Isn't our recent record against them in Perth OK? The wide oval suits our precision disposal and settled tall forward structure?

It was but this is Optus, a new ground. Last year we managed to lose to Freo, who were close to the worst side in the competition, on this ground.

Last edited:

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
We gon' get wrecked son.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
I'd like to see some drastic changes to throw off our opponent.

Is it time to bring in the inanimate carbon rod to play from the goal square?

How tall is it?

Back