Preview Good Friday football - Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles @ Optus Stadium

Who will kick the goal after the siren to win the match?

• Luke Shuey

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Jeremy McGovern

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Dom Sheed

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Jack Watts on crutches, celebrates by snorting a line of wiesn pulver in the goal square

Votes: 42 59.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite frankly it's a disgrace that a football game would be played on Good Friday, the most holy of days. Out of respect the game should be called off and each side awarded two premiership points.

Irrelevant poll - there'll be no winning goal after the siren this time, because the Eagles will put the game out of our reach before half time.

I genuinely think it will be over by 1/4 time, I predict a 10 goal to zip start followed by lots pants down, no lube activity..

sigh

I'm going to take the Richmond fan approach and predict that we are very unlikely to get within 300 points of West Coast.

Eagles to kick a record score at Optus, Kennedy and Darling to celebrate 20 each with gaff getting taken to the Royal Perth Hospital with legitimate leather poisoning from his 75 possessions. Port to have a record number of inside 50s though with 3 goals kicked from SGRAY in stoppage time in the 4th.....Houston, we have a problem.

If Ken picks Marshall, then I want the Hoff to tag McGovern.

If Ken is going to play Hoff as a KFP, we know he is bloody average in that position, then his job should be to tag McGovern out of the game.

If Hoff does that, then he has officially played every possible position in the game and qualifies as the best utility ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should save that one for Easter Sunday, no?
Yes they should, but they aren't that smart.

Plus I don't think I am going to hear, they were nailed tonight, like Christ was on this day 2,000 years ago,

They should save that one for Easter Sunday, no?
Yes they should, but they aren't that smart.

Plus I don't think I am going to hear, they were nailed tonight, like Christ was on this day 2,000 years ago,
It is the Easter ROUND! It doesn't matter when the games are.
For instance, I would like to see the Maggies CRUCIFYING Norwood on Thursday...

Quite frankly it's a disgrace that a football game would be played on Good Friday, the most holy of days. Out of respect the game should be called off and each side awarded two premiership points.

What would happen if geelong got scheduled the Friday night game?

Would god botherer Ablett turn up?

If Ken picks Marshall, then I want the Hoff to tag McGovern.

If Ken is going to play Hoff as a KFP, we know he is bloody average in that position, then his job should be to tag McGovern out of the game.

If Hoff does that, then he has officially played every possible position in the game and qualifies as the best utility ever.
Tagging McGovern is BS.

You need to accentuate his weaknesses and make him worry about us.

We need a tall marking threat who can run him ragged.

I agree with playing Hoff on him but not to tag him but to run him into the ground and take uncontested mark after uncontested mark.

Not so much up the ground as McGovern won't follow but continually running into dangerous positions where McGovern is forced to follow.

Just get into dangerous positions and repeat lead after repeat lead.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Tagging McGovern is BS.

You need to accentuate his weaknesses and make him worry about us.

We need a tall marking threat who can run him ragged.

I agree with playing Hoff on him but not to tag him but to run him into the ground and take uncontested mark after uncontested mark.

Not so much up the ground as McGovern won't follow but continually running into dangerous positions where McGovern is forced to follow.

Just get into dangerous positions and repeat lead after repeat lead.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly, isolate his weaknesses.

AJ did a great job on him last year as we was way to fast for him and the pace had McGovern worried.

You don't need to tag McGovern, just make him accountable.

The fact that we should be playing Marshall should be half the battle, but we just need to control the aerial battle and make McGovern feel like he has to defend. None of this bombing high balls in when we're not setup for them.

Back