Preview Good Friday football - Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles @ Optus Stadium

Who will kick the goal after the siren to win the match?

• Luke Shuey

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Jeremy McGovern

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Dom Sheed

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Jack Watts on crutches, celebrates by snorting a line of wiesn pulver in the goal square

Votes: 42 59.2%

• Total voters

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Holy s**t we have three friday night games in a row.

Could either be a horrible 3 weeks or a great 3 weeks, or perhaps a bit of both.

Ports ruining my weekend 3 weeks in a row would be a bit unfair so surely we at least beat North.

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
0-2 at Perth Stadium (Averaging 55 points for and 80 against)

vs

13-3 at Perth Stadium (Averaging 100 points for, 74 points against)

I hope we bring enough lube.
Yeah I think we'll kick a reasonably respectable 80 points against them but have a rather disgusting 120 kicked against us.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As much as I hope we win and will barrack for us as usual. A small part of me wants the Dean Bailey Melbourne type of loss to Geelong to happen. Only then will the board get the point that the head of the snake is rotten and it may jolt them. Thanks Hinkley and co for making me think that way.

I'm half expecting us to pull a rabbit out of the hat here, and get a new best win ever from Hinkley. It's the game this group thrives in with no pressure at all on them

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah what's the bet their crowds boos Jonas because of his hit on gaff.. be pretty typical. Hope Jonas lines him up again
Who the hell is Jonas?

1555400068620.jpeg

Aug 13, 2007
NSW
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
West Coast are the pin-up example of a well-structured, highly effective forward line.

They rate 12th for inside 50 differential (losing the count by about 3 on average per game) but have the 2nd best record in the league for converting those inside 50s into goals. We're actually 3rd in the league for the fewest inside 50s against but when the opposition get through our press we're bottom 4 for conceding goals and bottom 2 for conversion against - meaning when the opposition get through they are getting easy looks and scoring easy goals.

Our team work running back to defend will have to be the best its been all season and our press spot on to keep the ball away from Allen, Darling and JKK.

We're going to need our midfield to a dominant performance and a big step up from last week (Boak and Rocky aside, who have been very good), but this is not beyond the realms of possibility, especially of Lycett returns to form with his around the ground play.

What I think is impossible is turning enough of our forward 50 entries into goals. It's going to take a dramatic change in personnel or style to impact the way our forward line works and will most likely be a bridge too far.

If our press holds up, I think we can probably get close (again) but our forward line deficiencies will cost us (again).

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
West Coast are the pin-up example of a well-structured, highly effective forward line.

They rate 12th for inside 50 differential (losing the count by about 3 on average per game) but have the 2nd best record in the league for converting those inside 50s into goals. We're actually 3rd in the league for the fewest inside 50s against but when the opposition get through our press we're bottom 4 for conceding goals and bottom 2 for conversion against - meaning when the opposition get through they are getting easy looks and scoring easy goals.

Our team work running back to defend will have to be the best its been all season and our press spot on to keep the ball away from Allen, Darling and JKK.

We're going to need our midfield to a dominant performance and a big step up from last week (Boak and Rocky aside, who have been very good), but this is not beyond the realms of possibility, especially of Lycett returns to form with his around the ground play.

What I think is impossible is turning enough of our forward 50 entries into goals. It's going to take a dramatic change in personnel or style to impact the way our forward line works and will most likely be a bridge too far.

If our press holds up, I think we can probably get close (again) but our forward line deficiencies will cost us (again).

If anything is to go by this season, J Darling will kick a bag.
We've seemed to have struggled matching up on KPF's this season. Being exposed with the new 666 system.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
6PR just interviewed Co-captain Tom ahead of this week's game. Just waiting for flog WCE supporters to ring up and complain "why are you interviewing that thug?!"

Nothing of note in the interview - pretty much laid the blame on the forwards for not performing.

Eh even though the midfield got slammed against a bunch of reserves and the defenders handed them goals literally? You can't blame our non existent forwards...

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Eh even though the midfield got slammed against a bunch of reserves and the defenders handed them goals literally? You can't blame our non existent forwards...

Recon he's forgetting his opponent kicked 6 goals.

To lay blame on the forwards is quite pathetic. They could have done better sure, but just for something different they got poor delivery. About time they realise Dixon isn't there to bomb the ball to and try putting it to our forwards advantage.

inb4 we spend the whole week working out a foolproof plan to limit McGovern's influence on the game and then Tom Barrass takes 10 intercept marks

Last edited:

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
inb4 we spend the whole week working out a foolproof plan to limit McGovern's influence on the game and then Tom Barrass takes 10 intercept marks
As long as Jonas relinquishes the cocaptaincy by knocking out Andrew Gaff a good time will be had by all.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Nothing of note in the interview - pretty much laid the blame on the forwards for not performing.

What?! Did he do that?!
Great leadership. "Don't look at me. They lost the game."

Fantastic captain...

Back