Good Friday Footy , here it is

Remove this Banner Ad

I accept that the traditional majors needn't dominate every blockbuster but how do you mean perfect?
Two clubs with lowish membership bases. Perfect combo to foster a new rivallry on a day where nearly everyone will watch it.
For those out there who don't believe in a pretend man in the sky, it could have been GWS vs Gold Coast and they'd watch it.
What's your ideal combination for this fixture?

Two clubs with lowish membership bases. Perfect combo to foster a new rivallry on a day where nearly everyone will watch it.
For those out there who don't believe in a pretend man in the sky, it could have been GWS vs Gold Coast and they'd watch it.
What makes it different to any other Friday game?

A lame attempt to foster some rivalry with 2 teams that will pull 2 and a dog when they succomb to the system and descend into s**t trucksville. I guess Gill the utensil smoker wants to seem to care about their existence but it's inevitable. It might even be a ploy to say down the track , see it didn't work no one was interested when 8,456 turn up. Let's not forget these 2 clubs are desperate to confirm their existence and try hard to gather a following by ludicrously thinking anyone who lives in Hobart or Ballarat gives a flying * about them and turn up to watch a game of afl footy rather than stupidly support these 2 jokes

Even less chance for viewers than night. People are making dinner getting and ready or the evening. Worst time slot.
making their dinner?
It takes two minutes to ring for a 'seafood' pizza. (* that I always order a meatlovers on Good Friday just because)

making their dinner?
It takes two minutes to ring for a 'seafood' pizza. (**** that I always order a meatlovers on Good Friday just because)
Maybe.. I just always liked the feeling of nothingness on Good Friday. Good for forced family time and going out with friends without people waning to go bloody shopping.

Maybe.. I just always liked the feeling of nothingness on Good Friday. Good for forced family time and going out with friends without people waning to go bloody shopping.
yeah but it wasn't that long ago when absolutely nothing was open.
Slowly the 21st century has appeared albeit a decade and a half too late.
You can go gambling at Crowne. Watch a movie etc.
Footy should be no different.
A religious holiday is a religious holiday.
For aetheists and followers of Islam, Judism etc the day is nothing to them.
If people don't want to watch, they don't have to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, I'm not against it. I just don't really see the fuss that it's getting. As you said not long ago everything was closed and people actually did things with other people. But these days days it's turning more into any other day.

A good game , hotly contested , could be anyone really , WB deserve to be an anchor with another club, NM may not be up for the fight next year , then again with everyone writing them off , they'll prob surprise. Saints or demons claims would be equally as good. I'll say though, everything will need to align for a decent crowd

Completely concur , in fact in recent times the case against has had less to do with religious holiday and more about conflicting with the RCH appeal which is absurd as only a tad of imagination could compliment those efforts

Can't wait for these 2 clubs to bottom out and then there will be the bitching from Eddie. "Why is it that we are giving a prime timeslot to two clubs that cant break 40k members"
And he will every right to bitch about it. Saints and Melbourne would have been better if they wanted to go down that path.

The combatants are no surprise given it's been foreshadowed who they would be for four years.
They deserve a chance at making the day their own, just as the Pies and Bombers do on Anzac Day, if the league is going to be fair.
Don't forget North were the pioneers of Friday night footy and then got screwed over by the AFL who claimed it as their own, so good luck to them.
Haven't see the draw - out today I believe - but the Dogs will feature prominently on Fridays and deservingly so.
As for Good Friday and the religious aspect ..... not everyone is religious, which is hard for some religious people to accept. The world doesn't stop.

PS I barrack for the Tigers and will be there and already have a crew of eight joining me. It'll be a hit!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back