Resource Good Jumper Template

Remove this Banner Ad

well there is this one, from the 'Kit of the week' topics:

guernsey.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/227581768/guernsey.psd.html

And then there is the below image, which I created using the above template:

v4uzvm.png
The above can be downloaded as a '.psd' file, at the following link ('.psd' is photoshop document):
http://rapidshare.com/files/231206288/guernsey-template.psd.html (It can only be downloaded 10 times)

you don't need to do anything with the shading, just color the shirt and shorts (using the Base part in each layer set) and the shading blends to that

I had some trouble with that. Does it have to do with me having an old version of photoshop elements? If so, I should be getting CS3 soon.

Just make sure the shading stays above the design layers.

referring to this, just don't move the layers

I download the one I made and it's layers are all in the right order

But I wouldn't be touching the shading layers at all

Just focus on editing the following:

In the layer set 'Socks'

Just edit/colour both of the 'Top' and 'Bottom' layers

In layer set 'Shirt Front' and 'Shirt Back'
Edit/color the layers: 'Base', 'Collar', 'Right Arm Cuff' and 'Left Arm Cuff'

In layer set 'Shorts'
Edit/color the layers 'Base', and if you like you could color the layer 'Short drawstring'

And you can as with any psd, add lines to the 'Shorts' layer set, or images into either of the Shirt layer sets.... or even the sock layer set

Thanks for the help but I still must be missing something. From what you've said I should be able to choose what to colour from each layer set but all that I can see is this.
Layerissues.png

Is anything noticeably wrong?

The files are within the folders, you have to get the folders to extend/open to display the files. If elements can't do that (I would be surprised) I can reupload without any structure.

no nothing wrong

just use the blending options (right click on a layer, and you'll find it) on the layers I mentioned in those set layers...

(You might know this but, In the layer thing on the side, click on 'Socks', 'Shirt Front', 'Shirt Back' and 'Shorts', and you'll then see all the layers)

The files are within the folders, you have to get the folders to extend/open to display the files. If elements can't do that (I would be surprised) I can reupload without any structure.
Yep, that's the issue. luckily i should be getting real photoshop this week.

no nothing wrong

just use the blending options (right click on a layer, and you'll find it) on the layers I mentioned in those set layers...

(You might know this but, In the layer thing on the side, click on 'Socks', 'Shirt Front', 'Shirt Back' and 'Shorts', and you'll then see all the layers)
I went through all the logical things to try and open the sets but elements sucks too much. I can't find blending options anywhere.

Thanks for the help anyway InCase and StatsFanatic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I had question about those 2 .psd in post#22
How do you edit the base colour of the jumper, I know a bit about Photoshop and I'm guessing you don't just get the paint bucket and fill so its gotta be something in the blending options?

Correct, you use the blending option, ,and you would use color overlay...

here is the basic run through of what layers to 'color overlay' in each layer set:

In the layer set 'Socks'
Just edit/colour both of the 'Top' and 'Bottom' layers

In layer set 'Shirt Front' and 'Shirt Back'
Edit/color the layers: 'Base', 'Collar', 'Right Arm Cuff' and 'Left Arm Cuff'

In layer set 'Shorts'
Edit/color the layers 'Base', and if you like you could color the layer 'Short drawstring'

And you can as with any psd, add lines to the 'Shorts' layer set, or images into either of the Shirt layer sets.... or even the sock layer set

hope this helps you...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back