Good luck Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

It was Pyke who during pre season demanded more flexibility from the squad as part of the club's organic growth.
This was well documented. Based on this Lyons would have been ideal for Pykes game plan.

The trade itself had nothing to do with Pyke. It was not instigated by the club. Lyons requested it.

Requested it after it was obvious Adelaide were showing a lack interest in retaining his services would be more more accurate wouldn't it?
Do you seriously believe if Pyke had seen him as an essential player he wouldn't still be on our list given several people close to Lyons have said his demands for a better pay deal were very reasonable. Be it wrong or right on Pyke's part his actions are not that of a coach that rated Lyons as essential to his future plans or game style.

Look guys keep your group hug going about Lyons for as long as you need, but keep it in reality.

Matt Crouch was a better footballer than Lyons last year, let alone this year.

I can cop the Lyons v Douglas comparisons but lets keep it sane.

no-one is attempting to compare MCrouch and Lyons.

But Lyons would be CLEARLY our 3rd best midfielder this year.

Isn't Lyons playing the "pack to pack" be at the bottom of every contest role?

As is Matt Crouch.

Both are having great years.

Can't have both of them in the one team.

If we kept Lyons and shoehorned him into Douglass role he would not be having the seae9n he is having.

I say good luck to Lyons as he is in a team that suits his strengths and he will have a pretty good career. Also a piece of shrewed trading by us to identify he is not a great fit for us and moving him on for some young talent in Poholke.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Isn't Lyons playing the "pack to pack" be at the bottom of every contest role?

As is Matt Crouch.

Both are having great years.

Can't have both of them in the one team.

If we kept Lyons and shoehorned him into Douglass role he would not be having the seae9n he is having.

I say good luck to Lyons as he is in a team that suits his strengths and he will have a pretty good career. Also a piece of shrewed trading by us to identify he is not a great fit for us and moving him on for some young talent in Poholke.

Lyons is a very capable inside/outside hybrid.

You're just looking for reasons at this point.

Requested it after it was obvious Adelaide were showing a lack interest in retaining his services would be more more accurate wouldn't it?
Do you seriously believe if Pyke had seen him as an essential player he wouldn't still be on our list given several people close to Lyons have said his demands for a better pay deal were very reasonable. Be it wrong or right on Pyke's part his actions are not that of a coach that rated Lyons as essential to his future plans or game style.
I don't pretend to know Pyke's thinking at the time. There were a lot of things happening during that trade period with Gibbs and Carlton. It was mentioned by a reliable poster that the club got a bit caught up with this and lost track of Lyons in the process. It seems he was very happy to stay but a lack of communication from the club left Lyons with little time to make a decision.

I don't pretend to know Pyke's thinking at the time. There were a lot of things happening during that trade period with Gibbs and Carlton. It was mentioned by a reliable poster that the club got a bit caught up with this and lost track of Lyons in the process. It seems he was very happy to stay but a lack of communication from the club left Lyons with little time to make a decision.

Lost track of Lyons?

What a ******* disgrace.

Looks like Carlton stuffed up passing him big time, top 20 in the AFL rankings now (another good game and probably top 15) and will win GC's BnF. It really pathetic how we played him out of position for so long, was clear as day by his contested possession numbers that he was a stoppage player when played there. I get we couldn't overspend on him given what we paid Jenkins but we wouldn't have got peanuts for him if he was played in position.

Looks like Carlton stuffed up passing him big time, top 20 in the AFL rankings now (another good game and probably top 15) and will win GC's BnF. It really pathetic how we played him out of position for so long, was clear as day by his contested possession numbers that he was a stoppage player when played there. I get we couldn't overspend on him given what we paid Jenkins but we wouldn't have got peanuts for him if he was played in position.

He was always a good player but has thrived with some proper support from his coaching staff. Was always too vanilla for the likes of dangerfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was always a good player but has thrived with some proper support from his coaching staff. Was always too vanilla for the likes of dangerfield.

Also Lyons is way too similar to Matt Crouch in terms of tools.

It is good to see him make it properly though.

Would be great for more Carlton lolz if we did better out of the trade.

We had mcrouch... Gibbs coming in . Sloane... Brouch... He wouldnt be picked before those guys....
Time to move on... Good to hear hes doing well.

I’m not so sure. 30 possessions 6 marks 10 tackles 2 goals today. Not a bad effort.

He would be leading their B&F currently. I would suggest you vastly under estimate his talent.

he is doing better than “well”!

We had mcrouch... Gibbs coming in . Sloane... Brouch... He wouldnt be picked before those guys....
Time to move on... Good to hear hes doing well.

Probably would have been picked ahead of CEY... Far more useful resting up forward than him too.

So Don got this one wrong.

What kind of s**t comment is that?
He ain't good enough to be in our side ahead of the Crouch's, Sloaney, Douglas, Greenwood, Gibbs etc and be part of a good side.

He is at the right club to continue his AFL career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back