Good luck Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gee, we had two of the top three for a while, but obviously they were no good.
And Charlie Cameron
Oh and Rory Atkins
1621071853380.png

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
You can't blame the club for not knowing his true value as a player, it's not like he was playing consistently every week so we would have some sort of idea that he would go on to be this good. It's not like they could have done anything to change that situation, they were powerless.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Absolutely ridiculous decision. What were we thinking. Always one of my favourites. Used the ball well a real footballer. Should never have been screwed Over with low ball offer

but we did get to keep Thommo for an extra year in his sham player/coach role. How many current players improved by watching ROB trying to tap the ball to him at every stoppage? Would have just been so good for their development. To get to watch it so much, just wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was a big mistake moving Lyons on and keeping Matt Crouch
You do know M.Crouch was AA and won the B&F in the Grand Final year....the big mistake was signing Dixon and Hinkley to long term contracts after supposedly interest from GCS and Brisbane (they really dodged bullets there).

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm still more annoyed that we got rid of Greenwood. He actually was playing quality, consistent football for us and we STILL got rid of him!
Not really, who would Greenwood replace in the midfield for the next 4 years, I wouldn't play him a head of Berry or Pedlar in terms of the list development? I would have kept him for a few years but he wanted a 4 year contract and given the state of the list I wouldn't have offered him a 4 year contract, especially Laird being now a midfielder.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Funny. This thread keeps popping up to annoy and hound those that tagged Jarryd as just being "meh" But their numbers seem to be fewer now. Where are all these fine judges of talent?

they certainly don't defend their decisions these days. They'll say they've moved on, but they certainly enjoyed reminding us how ordinary he was when he had a bad game early days.

I'm still more annoyed that we got rid of Greenwood. He actually was playing quality, consistent football for us and we STILL got rid of him!
To think we could have still rotated through the midfield players like Greenwood and Lyons and also develop our kids is upsetting.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
it was $185k

he was just as good, or close, when he was here.

not for the first time the club has been wrong about players right under its nose
You can say an example for every club but this one is a doozy.
Well, if you’re surname wasn’t Crouch. The romance of having bro’s steering your midfield is truly over.
While having a sharp/short inside kicking skilled player continued elsewhere.
Ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back