Good luck Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleared him out to make room for Gibbs.

He is a better player than Gibbs.

Said it then, will say it again.

Correct.

Never forget the argument on here I had, when a certain clown on here actually stated that Gibbs would play 100 games for us, thereby activating the father/son rule.

Gibbs was cooked before be arrived with us, there was no way he was getting to 100 games with us.

For me the most upsetting aspect, was that Lyons actually wanted to remain with us, much like the Treloar situation with the Pies.

Correct.

Never forget the argument on here I had, when a certain clown on here actually stated that Gibbs would play 100 games for us, thereby activating the father/son rule.

Gibbs was cooked before be arrived with us, there was no way he was getting to 100 games with us.

For me the most upsetting aspect, was that Lyons actually wanted to remain with us, much like the Treloar situation with the Pies.

Even if he played 100 games

1)it's no guarentee his kid would be any good. Sons being good enough to draft is the exception rather thant he rule
2)The AFL will continue to * with father/son rules to benefit Vic clubs
3)His kid would still be eligible for Carlton and given his father is loyal to them still, he likel ywould have gone there.

Let's not forget suns also got rid of him....
Arguably they just let him go because Brisbane went after him, but even if you ignore that, then after letting Lyons go GCS drafted Lukosious, Rankine, King, Rowell, Anderson, & Flanders all inside the top 11 of the next two drafts.

I'm OK with letting him go again if we get even one of those players on our list, but GCS have probably had more picks inside the top 10 in the last 3 drafts than we have had in the history of the draft overall, so we're not exactly topping up at the same rate and you can't really compare the two clubs.

It's pretty sad that not only did we let him and Greenwood go, but we got shafted in both trades by the Suns of all clubs.

Roo, Reid and co need to go.

Comfortably the worst side in the competition since they joined, beating out even Carlton over the same time period for that honour.

Glad they're the yardstick we're measuring ourselves by.

we've got apologists that will always be able to find a benchmark low enough to compare us favourably to. It's ingrained, it's similar to the, "you can't drop Dmac, he wasn't our worst tonight, how about....". Totally ignoring that he's consistently among our worse handful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just remember that he was willing to stay and sign on for $150k. We offered a pay cut. An actual pay cut.
Geniuses...
I thought we offered him $150K which was way under what he wanted and CGS offered him $400K so he left? Credit to CGS development, one of a few players who developed into an exceptional player there.

Last edited:
where are the good judges that would bump this thread if he had an average game?
I am here.

He is a great cog in a great midfield. A Brownlow medallist by his side, Zorko on the other side plus McCluggage.

Whilst he has developed into a very good player. If he stayed with us and our midfield he may have stagnated. Or struggled being our best mid. Same scenario at Gold Coast.

A credit.to him for playing his role, and to the Lions in building a midfield where he fits in perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I am here.

He is a great cog in a great midfield. A Brownlow medallist by his side, Zorko on the other side plus McCluggage.

Whilst he has developed into a very good player. If he stayed with us and our midfield he may have stagnated. Or struggled being our best mid. Same scenario at Gold Coast.

A credit.to him for playing his role, and to the Lions in building a midfield where he fits in perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Did you miss his form when Neale was out?

I thought we offered him $150K which was way under what he wanted and CGS offered him $400K so he left? Credit to CGS development, one of a few players who developed into an exceptional player there.
My understanding - and this comes from very close to him, was that we offered him a pay cut that year and the offer was actually around $80k.
It might be my memory has it wrong, but it was described to me as 'insulting'

My understanding - and this comes from very close to him, was that we offered him a pay cut that year and the offer was actually around $80k.
It might be my memory has it wrong, but it was described to me as 'insulting'
So we effectively wanted to rookie list him as they earn at least $71K around that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back