Good luck Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Lmao, what happened?

According to one of the guys on GC board, Jarryd came down late for breakfast after gameday. It was one of those "continental breakfast" affairs, you know the type, platter of danishes, a platter of croissants, big toaster you can put a variety of bread through to have toast but you always have to put them through twice to get any colour on the bread with a selection of jams and honeys from Beerenburg in those little containers with the fiddly plastic coverings. They also had coffee percolating away that you could pour a cup but refill as often as you like.

Anyways, Dewie is a big fan of the Croissant, a big fan just loves them and when he saw the platter of them piled high, he took the platter and a cup of coffee, sat down and announced: " my croissants boys, mine, don't touch".

Of course, Lyons wasn't around for the announcement and sauntered down late, saw that there was only rye bread left for toasting, a smattering of apricot danishes so he got a coffee and sat next to Dew. At the same time, a keen Hawks fan at the hotel spotted Dewie and asked for his autograph which Dew complied with and in those few seconds, Lyons saw the croissant, grabbed it thinking "no way would Dewie grab a whole platter of Croissants for himself and besides, I'm frigging starving" and started munching away.

It appears Dew never forgave.

And to the bit of debate on here, there is no way Wilson or CEY should be talked about in the same breath as Lyons. Not sure we have room for him in the side anymore, wished we got more for him but he would have been mighty handy depth this year, probably been that one game-winning difference between us not making finals this year

According to one of the guys on GC board, Jarryd came down late for breakfast after gameday. It was one of those "continental breakfast" affairs, you know the type, platter of danishes, a platter of croissants, big toaster you can put a variety of bread through to have toast but you always have to put them through twice to get any colour on the bread with a selection of jams and honeys from Beerenburg in those little containers with the fiddly plastic coverings. They also had coffee percolating away that you could pour a cup but refill as often as you like.

Anyways, Dewie is a big fan of the Croissant, a big fan just loves them and when he saw the platter of them piled high, he took the platter and a cup of coffee, sat down and announced: " my croissants boys, mine, don't touch".

Of course, Lyons wasn't around for the announcement and sauntered down late, saw that there was only rye bread left for toasting, a smattering of apricot danishes so he got a coffee and sat next to Dew. At the same time, a keen Hawks fan at the hotel spotted Dewie and asked for his autograph which Dew complied with and in those few seconds, Lyons saw the croissant, grabbed it thinking "no way would Dewie grab a whole platter of Croissants for himself and besides, I'm frigging starving" and started munching away.

It appears Dew never forgave.

Huge if true

You can still see the pain in Dew's eyes, reminiscing of the croissants lost #croissantgate

960246dab47a8f1d93148f26dcefb327

That's not the point at all though. People can't seem to understand that the Suns are doing him a solid by letting him go early so he can take a longer deal at a better team in Brisbane (and one where they hinted he might get coaching opportunities after it). Suns are s**t, they know they'll be s**t, they just brought in guys who can cover his position, so they're letting him go somewhere he can continue his career and make money, instead of being stuck in career purgatory at the Suns.

That's not the point at all though. People can't seem to understand that the Suns are doing him a solid by letting him go early so he can take a longer deal at a better team in Brisbane (and one where they hinted he might get coaching opportunities after it). Suns are s**t, they know they'll be s**t, they just brought in guys who can cover his position, so they're letting him go somewhere he can continue his career and make money, instead of being stuck in career purgatory at the Suns.

Plus Dew has put a line in the sand about stealing his croissants, whole team would know now what happens if you do.

I rated Dean Gore on what I saw with my own eyes in the several VFL games I saw him play where he was clearly one of the best players for the Cats in those games. Not my fault that 2 AFL coaches now don't appear to see in Jarryd Lyons what you do.
Have to agree here. I watched him in a game against Richmond where he was clearly the best player on the ground. I have no idea what happened to Dean Gore.

you think any judge would rule in favour of you thinking CEY and Lyons are 'quality'?
Lyons is certainly better than Townsend or Broad etc... Blind Freddy can see that but keep burrying that head into the sand.

Never said that either is quality, just disputing your opinion that
None will help you win a premiership.

Plenty of shitter players than CEY or Lyons have been premiership players and played a good number of games in premiership years.

you think any judge would rule in favour of you thinking CEY and Lyons are 'quality'?

Are they going to "win" you a premiership? No

Are they good enough depth to step in and prevent you from losing a premiership if you get an injury to a key player. Yes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Brisbane actually targeted him, and GC did the right thing by letting him go.

Very interesting scenario though - this and McGovern; contracts are now basically irrelevant?

Geelong didn't seem to think Tim Kelly's contract was irrelevant.

This does raise the question of why the hell GC didn't just trade him to Brisbane during the trade period. Even if you just get something like a future 3rd round pick it would be better than what they got, which was nothing. Shambolic.

Plenty of shitter players than CEY or Lyons have been premiership players and played a good number of games in premiership years.
Exactly, best example would be Shane Ellen kicking 5 goals in an AFL grand final, having played 0 quarters forward in his entire AFL career.

In the last 12 Grand finals (including the 2 in 2010) only 1 player has matched that feat (Jarryd Roughhead)...

Anyone can be the guy that helps you win a flag!

Exactly, best example would be Shane Ellen kicking 5 goals in an AFL grand final, having played 0 quarters forward in his entire AFL career.

In the last 12 Grand finals (including the 2 in 2010) only 1 player has matched that feat (Jarryd Roughhead)...

Anyone can be the guy that helps you win a flag!
Stupid move. Only kicked 2 at FF. When he was moved back to his natural HB he managed 3 in the second half!

"To be able to land a player of Jarryd's status to our group post the trade period is a great credit to our club," general manager of football David Noble said.
I think some people got a little prematurely excited over Jarryd's delisting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back