Good Luck Johnno

crazed_crow

Senior List
Aug 10, 2002
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
like most of the crows supporters, i hope Kane is happy wherever he ends up. He has served the club extremely well and and has 2 premiership medallions to show for it. I wish him all the best for the future (except for when his team plays the crows) and that he is happy at his new club. Hopefully none of our supporters will be bitter towards Sugar like those collingwood supporters have been towards Davis. Johnson deserves alot more respect from us than that.

All the best Kane

King Crow

All Australian
Aug 28, 2002
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Yes Kane, good luck. Thanks for your brilliant service. And I understand how you want to head home.

I will always be mad, not bitter though. I dont know why youd want to leave a great bunch of blokes, a successful club, the King coming to town, and a team that is about to have a huge crack at the flag next year, but thats your choice.

I will propably boo you and swear at you next time I see you play, but other than that, good like for you in the future.

And when we lift the 2003 premiership cup, I hope you realise what a huge mistake you have made, and you get a sick feeling inside of you.

crazed_crow

Senior List
Aug 10, 2002
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Originally posted by King Crow

I will always be mad, not bitter though.

I will propably boo you and swear at you next time I see you play, but other than that, good like for you in the future.

And when we lift the 2003 premiership cup, I hope you realise what a huge mistake you have made, and you get a sick feeling inside of you.

you don't call that bitter?!?
cmon King Crow, give him a break, we've known he has wanted to return home for ages now. The announcement wasn't really a surprise to us

King Crow

All Australian
Aug 28, 2002
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Ofcourse it is bitter... I was being sarcastic.

If returning home is more important than being loyal to the club that gave him a chance at AFL football when all the supposed Big Victorian clubs overlooked him, then thats his choice. I will not support him on it though.

crazed_crow

Senior List
Aug 10, 2002
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
i have become very split on this issue.

Obviously his family has to be important enough for him to return home, but on the other hand he is 24 years old. Old enough to get over the homesickness stage of his life.

BUT he has been in Adelaide for 7 years, which brings up the topic of loyalty. We gave him 2 premierships yet he still doesnt want to stay.

if he walks out on the club and nominates himself for the draft, thats my queue to get bitter, but in my mind i still thnk he hasnt done anything wrong

crazed_crow

Senior List
Aug 10, 2002
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
i guess there is really no point in being upset about it. He's going back to Vic and there is nothing we can do about it. Hope he goes to Richmond though, playing for a club that u've supported since u were a youngster is always the dream of a young footballer, and maybe the crows can help with that dream.

Jerome

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows, Centrals
All the very best Kane.

I'm not happy about your decision, however your handiling of the issue has been quite professional. You've been honest, and havent stuffed the club or supporters around with absurd demands. Well done.

Thank you.

Jerome

Originally posted by topjars
Er we could say he gave us two premierships....well he helped and I respect him 4 that.

Good Luck Kane wherever you end up; and thanks for the memorys;)
& none more so that him playing on & that pass in the '97 preliminary final to Jars! :D

Hate to lose him as he is a class act, but wish him well for the future (except when playing the Crows of course).

dbcrow

Cancelled
Jul 4, 2002
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC, Adel Utd, Redbacks
Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
& none more so that him playing on & that pass in the '97 preliminary final to Jars! :D

Hate to lose him as he is a class act, but wish him well for the future (except when playing the Crows of course).

Does this mean that you'll be changing your name Kane McGoodwin? :D :D :D

napsyd

Club Legend
May 17, 2002
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Good luck Kane, thanks for the memories. You will be greatly missed. :(

That said, Kane has made his decision and now from my perspective he becomes a commodity. The AFC must look after it's (our) interests first and I hope that Kane is co-operative in that regard.

I know this might sound bitter (I don't think I am though), but I don't really care who he ends up playing for, as long as it delivers us the best deal we can get.

Go Crows!

Davo75

All Australian
Sep 5, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Liverpool, Steelers, 76ers
Good Luck Kane

I am not bitter about his departure!!!!

I understand him being Homesick........ I felt the same a couple of years back!

I will give him a ribbing when he comes back to Footy Park. Why shouldnt we, Ex South Aussies who return here after being in Victoria are ribbed by opposition supporters........ what do some of you expect us to do when he gets the nut against us .... Cheer :confused:

7 Years Service, he stuck it out, realised and was prepared to go through the whole ordeal in order to kickstart a career doing something he does best!

Good Luck to whoever picks him up............ Soft Tissue Injuries are only going to escalate as he gets older!!!!!!!

Back