Up the Coasters Good Luck Venners - Must watch video

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this interview is a much watch - not just for fans of WC - but for those who are struggling & need some confirmation that there are others who are doing it tough. It's also probably a good reminder that football when all is said and done, is really just a game.

For a young boy to have his dream (& to a certain extent his workplace) taken away, its really a shattering reality. It's really hard for those outside to realize just how all encompassing this is.

Daniel is such a lovely young man & I can tell you there has been many a tear shed along the journey, not only by the playing group, but in the whole club.
I thought partway through that clubs might play it to their players.

Sending every single bit of positivity and well wishes this fellas way.

If there's any justice in this world he'll get to run out in our colours once again.

Agreed, especially for the massive knocks that shake the head. I think it's a confidence thing and for those grazing blows it could help to spread the impact area a touch.
I’ve only just seen the interview and you have to be impressed with the guy. Damn shame he copped that injury and I now have more understanding of his reasons for continuing but also am concerned that he is so young and the risk is too high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That advice at the end

Damn near broke my heart.

Such a shame for the young man. My respect for him couldn't be any higher for how he has fought through this ordeal and you can see what it would have meant to him to play again.

Hopefully the boys take it onboard and realize it's a privledge to do what they do, no matter how much hard work goes into it and to not take it for granted.

If only we could bottle venners heart and desire and give it to the rest of the team.

All the best venners, hope you are able to get back to full health and enjoy a pain free life

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Knew it was coming, doesn't make it easier to take though.

Sad for the kid to have his career ended so young and didn't get to realize his full potential.

The only solace he can take is that he achieved that flag in 2018, something he can always cherish and something not every player gets to do

Retired at 22. I hadn't even started my career at that age.

Seven brain bleeds and he had to re-learn all his fine motor skills, balance etc. Crazy.

"Our club knows, it's more than winning"

Oft-criticised words, but 100% relevant when talking about Daniel Venables and why he was on the list in 2021.

I don't mind admitting that I shed a tear or two watching Venners announce the news to his team mates.

Very mixed emotions :

Happy.

Thrilled that he got to live his dream and play AFL football.
He is and always will be a Premiership Player, he sits in the West Coast Roll of Honour.

Sad.

That the dream has been cut short.
That he was tracking so well to be a very good player for us and that was taken away with the horrific injury.

But most of all I am relieved that he has hung up the boots as a Father of kids of similar age, I am happy that he has made the decision to remove himself from more serious harm.

To reflect on what he walks away with, even though his dream has been cut short:

He has done the following things that we plebs will never do, or get to experience.

The National Anthem before the Big Dance with his mates.

download-2.jpg

Shares the moment of sweet victory.

download-1.jpg

To play on the biggest stage in the game of his choice.

images-1.jpg

To receive a Premiership Medal.

download.jpg

To Hold the Holy Grail and show it to his off field mates.

images.jpg

To share the euphoria of winning with team mates.

images-3.jpg

But most of all to be in the one picture that every AFL player would love to be in.

images-4.jpg

Daniel Venables thank you for your efforts and your fine contribution to a Premiership and being part of West Coast Folklore and History.

Salute and Respect.

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

# 18 :blueheart: :yellowheart: 🏅 🏆

I don't mind admitting that I shed a tear or two watching Venners announce the news to his team mates.

Very mixed emotions :

Happy.

Thrilled that he got to live his dream and play AFL football.
He is and always will be a Premiership Player, he sits in the West Coast Roll of Honour.

Sad.

That the dream has been cut short.
That he was tracking so well to be a very good player for us and that was taken away with the horrific injury.

But most of all I am relieved that he has hung up the boots as a Father of kids of similar age, I am happy that he has made the decision to remove himself from more serious harm.

To reflect on what he walks away with, even though his dream has been cut short:

He has done the following things that we plebs will never do, or get to experience.

The National Anthem before the Big Dance with his mates.

View attachment 1195766

Shares the moment of sweet victory.

View attachment 1195768

To play on the biggest stage in the game of his choice.

View attachment 1195770

To receive a Premiership Medal.

View attachment 1195772

To Hold the Holy Grail and show it to his off field mates.

View attachment 1195773

To share the euphoria of winning with team mates.

View attachment 1195780

But most of all to be in the one picture that every AFL player would love to be in.

View attachment 1195782

Daniel Venables thank you for your efforts and your fine contribution to a Premiership and being part of West Coast Folklore and History.

Salute and Respect.

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

# 18 :blueheart: :yellowheart: 🏅 🏆
Great post. All the best Dan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back