Up the Coasters Good Luck Venners - Must watch video

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a shame, but we all saw this outcome eventuating. He was never gonna get back on the park based on the issues he still has.

All the best with what you do next, Dan.

Genuinely curious, can anyone please shed light on what happens to him financially?

Does the AFL/ West Coast / their insurance pay / maintain him for life due to permanent injury? Or is he on his own?

Genuinely curious, can anyone please shed light on what happens to him financially?

Does the AFL/ West Coast / their insurance pay / maintain him for life due to permanent injury? Or is he on his own?
Had similar thoughts, presume they do something?
Vale Venners! A magnificent and gutsy effort!

Gee, watching those highlights shows that at the very least we are missing a very good defensive forward. We could certainly use someone with an aggressive tackle like that.

But, his health is far more important. He walks away from the sport because of a traumatic brain injury, but with a relatively good quality of life. For that I am grateful.

Well done DV, we never got to see you at your very best but you helped us win the biggest prize in footy. Thank you and good luck!

AFLPA must have stuff set up for this. Not like it occurs all that often.

here is a few things I could find

Both provide payments and support post football career.

I am guessing possible insurance payouts maybe there as well.

Brings a tear to my eye to hear this. Such a terrible thing to happen from such a freak accident. Copping a hip to the jaw from a 95kg bloke running at full speed is some serious impact.

I hope he can live a regular, healthy life and sincerely hope the AFLPA take good care of him. Not the first and not the last. Well done to the club for handling this gracefully and doing the right thing by your player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad. Would have played 200 games.

No s**t, watching his speech with the players was tear jerking.

Bloke would love to put the guernsey on again.... hope that resonates with the players.

Last edited:
Heard the interview on 6pr 15 mins ago.

Very sobering.

Daily ongoing issues.
Moving back home to Melb, needs the family support.
His manager is handling the payout, ongoing support... (it does not support him for life or adequately).

Not to overdo things, but his life is completely ruined, financially and health.

Gut wrenching

Very sad. Would have played 200 games.

No sh*t, watching his speech with the players was tear jerking.

Bloke would love to put the guernsey on again.... hope that resonates with the players.

Pardon the interruption but I think the young lad's speech to his mates and his interview on 360 resonates to all players and us the mug supporters of our great game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back