Good news all round

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2001
Perth
Other Teams
Eagles
I didn't get to go to the Practice Match yesterday, but one of my readers did, and with his help I was able to write this article last night.

Keep in mind, that it was quite late last night, so it may be a bit rough around the edges.
Also remember that's it's been a long time since there's been a decent footy story to write about, so I kinda made it sound like we're premiership material. :rolleyes:

But there were many promising things to come out of the match:

- As good as Cuzz was last season, he is still able to improve (kicking skills??) and he may be in for an even better season.

- Wirra on a wing. Not the masterstroke move that the press are making it out to be (we've been saying it for ages), but still a good attacking sign. Also Roo played on his usual wing. :eek:

- Andrew McDougall looks bigger, stronger and very fit. I was told that he pulled down several strong marks, and kicked two goals opposed to Milli. If he continues this good form, he should play Round1.

- Phillip Read came through unscathed. Has full confidence in his knee.

Round 1 is soooo far away. :(

Originally posted by TheRealBuzz

- As good as Cuzz was last season, he is still able to improve (kicking skills??) and he may be in for an even better season.

Does this mean he is no longer hunched over the ball when he kicks Buzz?????

Re: Re: Good news all round

Originally posted by Goldenblue
Does this mean he is no longer hunched over the ball when he kicks Buzz?????
In the E-Mail I got, he basically said that Cuzz didn't stop running for the entire 30 minutes, and that he seemed to be making a conscious effort not to lean over the ball when he kicked - like he was last year.

I can't confirm that, but I don't see any reason why they'd make it up. :)

Well that all sounds great...but as we all kno there will be bias thrown in there. Still i think we will see a totally different team come round 1 and the Eagles will surprise everybody but there fans next season.

Cant believe people are still picking us for the spoon?

Originally posted by jod23

Cant believe people are still picking us for the spoon?

Thats because its what they wish to see, not what will really happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back