Good News Everyone - Carlton vs Richmond to be the season opener again in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Best teams in history of the competition based on number of teams against whom they have unavenged Grand Final losses:
1. Gold Coast (0)
=2. Fremantle and GWS (1)

What a great way to measure success...

o_Oo_Oo_O

You might want to focus on the teams with 100+ year histories in this thread though Fadge but thanks for sharing that Fagic(Fadge logic) with us, it really doesn’t make much sense. 😉

You might want to focus on the teams with 100+ year histories in this thread though Fadge but thanks for sharing that Fagic(Fadge logic) with us, it really doesn’t make much sense. 😉
I hate Richmond almost as much as Collingwood but gotta appreciate you're giving him a bath right now.

How many 35 year periods do Collingwood have without any Grand Final appearances, and only two top 4 finishes?

Wow. Now that is Dark!

No wonder you're making hay whilst the sun is shining...

It’s fair to say Collingwood dwells constantly in the mediocre zone*, and Richmond rarely goes anywhere near that place.

They say a hungry dog hunts the harder Fadge, and obviously Collingwood’s appetite is well satisfied with one Grand Final win in 64 seasons. Why you yourself have many times professed to being adequately satiated by all your club’s home and away wins and Semierships and Prelimierships.

And, however dark were the places Richmond have dwelt in over the course of time, and we have had the odd tricky patch…..we have never once finished as low as 17th on the ladder. But guess who has? 🤣🤣🤣

* with at least one very notable exception of course, that goes by the name of 2021. 😍

So the absolute best streak Richmond have against Collingwood is 8 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses over 13 games, certainly in the past 40 seasons and possibly since the beginning of time.

It was quite fortunate that you stopped at 13 games... immediately after that we see a 7 game winning streak for the Magpies.

Stunning find by you Fadge, well done. I have emailed afltables to tell them to correct this part of their records that shows Richmond winning 11 of 13 from the mid 1990’s to the early 2000’s against none other than Collingwood Football Club:

1669022491826.png

And yes, that was bang in the middle of our darkest phase in our storied history. So how f*cking bad were your gimps?

While they are at it I will also get them to amend our run of 15 wins from 20 matches late 30’s to early 50’s, and our runs of 10 from 13 from 1919, and our run of 10 from 14 in the 70’s. Fadge says they didn’t happen. 🤣

I believe if Carlton don't win rnd 1 they wont even make the 8. Only Richmond can lose rnd 1 and still make the 8, like we did this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope lmao

Good, I hated all the sympathy and patronising posts and support we got from neutrals after we bottled our finals spot last year.

I miss the day we were outright feared and loathed with a passion from other clubs.

I hate the fact we have had some St Kilda/Fremantle unsuccessful club PTSD empathy in the last 22 years or so.

If people thought Richmond fans were insufferable and unbearable after they started winning finals and flags again, they have nothing on us.

We owe the entire AFL community years of payback and revenge.

We have not earned the DA DA DA DA strut back yet, but once we do, starting from 2023 onwards, revenge will be sweet, I have a female cousin who is not into AFL at all, ans she is expecting a baby boy in 3 months time, already working on trying to convince her and her hubby to name him Carlton.

Good, I hated all the sympathy and patronising posts and support we got from neutrals after we bottled our finals spot last year.

I miss the day we were outright feared and loathed with a passion from other clubs.

I hate the fact we have had some St Kilda/Fremantle unsuccessful club PTSD empathy in the last 22 years or so.

If people thought Richmond fans were insufferable and unbearable after they started winning finals and flags again, they have nothing on us.

We owe the entire AFL community years of payback and revenge.

We have not earned the DA DA DA DA strut back yet, but once we do, starting from 2023 onwards, revenge will be sweet, I have a female cousin who is not into AFL at all, ans she is expecting a baby boy in 3 months time, already working on trying to convince her and her hubby to name him Carlton.
I just want you lot to finally make finals so we have the opportunity to s**t on your parade. Beating Essendon in a final has reminded me of the sweet taste of the tears of Vic club supporters.

True story - one of my Richmond supporting mates was comparing Dan Rioli to Kylian Mbappe this morning after watching France trounce Australia.

Got to love Richmond supporters...
I gotta admit that watching Mbappe run around players like they were standing still didn't bring Daniel Rioli to mind, but now that you mention it, I see it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back