kouta_43

Team Captain
Oct 4, 2002
Melton
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
In the Port adelaide board rumours speculate that Port will send Stevens to Carlton for 2.2mill over 4 years, captaincy in 2005 and also get brent guerra for Pick#2 and Fletcher.

Sundog

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2003
Junction Oval.
Other Teams
University
If the rumours are from the Por tboard then don't worry about them. The board, along with Choco may all be gone after the latest blood-letting. Gotta love the SA public.
One of either the Crows or the Power should have been called the Cannibals.

tyk23

Debutant
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Collingwood
Originally posted by kouta_43
In the Port adelaide board rumours speculate that Port will send Stevens to Carlton for 2.2mill over 4 years, captaincy in 2005 and also get brent guerra for Pick#2 and Fletcher.

I thought Stevens didn't want to play for Carlton?,

remember he is uncontracted so is in the box seat in regards to where he want's to go (otherwise he can go into the draft and port will get nothing, similar to Nick Davis and sydney last year)

Sep 30, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
wha?

2 things -
Is Steven's captaincy material? And who are we going to appoint for just one year (assuming McKay gives it away)? What are we, St. Kilda?

I've drawn a blank - who's Fletcher?

It's not a terrible deal (though it is expensive). Stevens is 23 and quite good. Guerra is 21 and could be quite good. Both midfielders...

I still think i'd prefer a youngster we can watch develop into a champion, though.

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
What an ordinary trade that'd be for Port. Fletcher? I'd rather retain Kingsley - like any club needs turnover merchants like this. And to throw in Guerra would just be rubbish - deadset, if you're going to make up rumors, at least make them credible.

Adrenaline

Debutant
Sep 18, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Nick Stevens is a ball magnet.

But..................

If i was going to give up the #2, it would be for Luke Power who can play as a HF and HB as well as being an On Baller.

Stevens has no defendise side to his game and at Carlton he would attract the opposition's best tagger.

Seb

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2003
Searching.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Fulham + NJN
Re: Re: Good News For Carlton!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by StarBoy
Port would be licking their list with that one - forget Fletcher but the #2 pick for a guy they are delisting anyway???

Pretty sure the suggestion is Stevens and Guerra for pick 2 and Fletcher.

To be honest, I can't see Collingwood offering something better than pick 2.

Mar 25, 2002
37° 70' 12"
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Re: Re: Re: Good News For Carlton!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Shaitan
Pretty sure the suggestion is Stevens and Guerra for pick 2 and Fletcher.

To be honest, I can't see Collingwood offering something better than pick 2.

Oh ok, my apologies.

I still reckon Top 10 picks should only be used for 10 year players

Portia

#DrewBlood
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog Port Adelaide - Jesse Palmer Player Sponsor 2017 Podcaster Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2001
Fragile bastion of liberalism
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Muckbuckle Dolmens
Originally posted by muesli
Stevens & Guerra for the #2 pick? I Dont think so.
Me either. Carlton have no chance. If #2 could get us Cooney, maybe, but #2 is going to be another Victorian we sees us in a dodgy position again in a couple of years time. If Carlton want him its going to have to be a realistic deal, thanks.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Originally posted by kouta_43

One of the most stupid things I've read for a while !!

Stevens comes to Carlton for $550K per annum and becomes the capt in his second year at the club ahead of more worthy options like Waite ?? Carlton also trade their much cherished priority pick for Guerra (who is yet to fully prove his worth) and they throw in Simon Fletcher (who is going to be booted anyway) as well.

Well, there must be a Father Christmas after all. :rolleyes:

Back